+ Reply to Thread
Page 930 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 43083088092092892993093193294098010301430 ... LastLast
Results 9,291 to 9,300 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

An oldie comedy stars Babs Windsor, Bernard Cribbens, Wulf Brambell and Ronald Fraser.
    Crooks In Cloisters 1964.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder at The Gallop, 1963.. Margaret Rutherford in the 2nd of 3 films as Miss Marple.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Murder at The Gallop, 1963.. Margaret Rutherford in the 2nd of 3 films as Miss Marple.
    Margaret Rutherford was great!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Two Way Stretch, 1960. Stars Peter Sellers, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Lionel Jeffries and Bernard Cribbins.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Margaret Rutherford was great!
    yes she was quite a character..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sergio Leone's 1968 masterpiece, Once Upon A Time In The West..... pure class..

worth watching for claudia alone..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

39 Steps, 1978. Stars Robert Powell.

One of the better versions
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Blazing Saddles, 1974. directed by Mel Brooks. Starring Cleavon Little, Madeline Kahn, Slim Pickens, Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder.

One of the great films of my time... one of the few that frequently said and did things that many thought terrible but worked well.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Jon Favreau's 2016 version of The Jungle Book... Superb. Grossed just short of a $billion at box office

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    39 Steps, 1978. Stars Robert Powell.

One of the better versions
    You think so? I thought it poor.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread