+ Reply to Thread
Page 885 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3857858358758838848858868878959359851385 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,850 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Two Mules for Sister Sara, 1970. Directed by Don Siegel and starring Clint Eastwood and Shirley MacLaine.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Outfit, 1973. directed by John Flynn, who also did the screenplay. It stars Robert Duvall, Karen Black, Joe Don Baker and Robert Ryan.

Classy mob action flick this with a good script and a great cast.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Die Hard, 1988. Directed by John McTiernan and stars Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Alexander Godunov, and Bonnie Bedelia.

Film fared well at box office but critics were scornful mostly.

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker"
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Time Without Pity, 1957. British film noir starring Michael Redgrave, Ann Todd, Peter Cushing and Leo McKern. It was directed by Joseph Losey after he was blacklisted in the U.S. during the McCarthy era. The screenplay was written by fellow blacklisted writer Ben Barzman and adapted from the play Someone Waiting by Emlyn Williams.

Lois Maxwell, the first Miss Moneypenny in the James Bond films, also has a standout scene as a girl who can be bought.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Air Force, 1943.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

History of Mr Polly, 1949. Stars John Mills

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Two Mules for Sister Sara, 1970. Directed by Don Siegel and starring Clint Eastwood and Shirley MacLaine.

Good film!
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    History of Mr Polly, 1949. Stars John Mills

Studied the book in English Literature class at school. Found the film a bit of a disappointment.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

The 39 Steps, 1935. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll.

A golden oldie this, but a great, well made film and still very watchable. was rated the 21st best British film ever..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Happiest Days of Your Life, 1950. Directed by Frank Launder and stars Alastair Sim, Margaret Rutherford, Guy Middleton and Joyce Grenfell among many.
    Much of the cast went on to work again with Launder and Gilliat in the St Trinians films.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread