+ Reply to Thread
Page 862 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3627628128528608618628638648729129621362 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,620 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

It's, a great book
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

The one with Michael Caine

I'm Grant.

Arsenic and Old Lace, 1944. Cary Grant stars as Mortimer Brewster... also stars Ramond Massey, Peter Lorre, Priscilla Lane, Josephine Hull and Jean Adair. With John Alexander possibly stealing the show playing brother, Teddy(Roosevelt)..CHARGE!!

Directed by Frank Capra.

edit... a work of genius. lol
    Last edited by struth; 06-11-2020 at 15:47.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 2011. directed by Gore Verbinski.

the 4th installment of 5...so far...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Johnny 'When did you stop beating your wife' Depp stars.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

The Count of Monte Cristo, 2002. Stars Jim Caviezel, Guy Pearce, and Richard Harris.

Saturday morning swashbuckler..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

stick with the style and, The Man In The Iron Mask, 1998. Stars Leonardo DiCaprio in a dual role, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Gerard Depardieu and Gabriel Byrne.
    Directed by Randall Wallace.

Was a big hit in the box office with a $150m profit. DiCaprio won a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screen Couple for his interactions as twins in the film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Looking through Netflix and struggled to find much tbh.. Not going away empty handed tho so pulled this oldie out... from 1998, Deep Impact. A decent attempt this and although i could play most of roles will watch it again..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    from 1998, Deep Impact
    The only disaster movie I have any time for.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The only disaster movie I have any time for.
    It is a good one but what about The Poseidon Adventure?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread