+ Reply to Thread
Page 840 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308388398408418428508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, lol... DVDs are rather old hat now, mate. You really want Blurays - and if you don't have a bluray player, then get one. Blurays, especially the 4k variety, make DVDs look nearly as soft and fuzzy as tape!

Marco.
    ah come on, they're slightly better. Not like VHS to DVD which was a big jump up in quality.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

think bluray done well is very much better than dvd, not that a good dvd isin any way bad.. that said 4k downscaled to hd can be almost as good as 4k on a 4k tv unless your using a huge tv or are sitting 2 feet away from the screen. Ive been revisiting the content of my old dvds and tbh many are pretty decent, even older films.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

My Darling Clementine, 1946. Directed by John Ford and starring Henry Fonda, Victor Mature, Linda Darnell, Walter Brennan and Ward Bond.

One of the highest regarded westerns ever.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Stick with the 40's and Sullivan's Travels, 1941. Preston Sturges directs Joel McCrea and Veronica Lake.

Obviously a reference to Gulliver's Travels, satirist Jonathan Swift's book on a journey of self-discovery as well. This journey shows comedy is most important when folk are struggling.
    Lake was 6 months pregnant when making the film so a body doub;le was used for much of it... Sturges was furious she didnt disclose it.. Lake may have been goergous but was apparently very difficult person.something that seems common with excessive beauty.

also the us censors refused it to be exported due to it being wartime and the scenes of the chain gang could have been used as propaganda against the country, so its overseas release was delayed... not sure by how long tho
    Last edited by struth; 13-10-2020 at 13:03.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

up to nearer now with,

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. 2006. Directed by Gore Verbinski and stars Johnny Depp, Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom.

the second film in the series, and the highest grossing at over a billion in takings.
    Last edited by struth; 13-10-2020 at 14:39.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Mrs. B made me sit through Gone With The Wind last weekend.

Much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Mrs. B made me sit through Gone With The Wind last weekend.

Much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    its a very good film, although quite long.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Did you nip out for a quick half whilst Atlanta was burning?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Lol... Carry on Cleo now I'm esconsed in my bed. Us old yins need our rest

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    It's Digital Versatile Disc.
    It might be now - it wasn't when DVDs were first introduced.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread