+ Reply to Thread
Page 817 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078158168178188198278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Check out 'Awakenings' 1990 at 9.00pm on Sony Channel. A truly amazing film with fantastic acting!

Reviews: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099077...ws?ref_=tt_urv
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Young Frankenstein, 1974. directed by Mel Brooks and starring Gene Wilder

one of my all time favs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Young Frankenstein, 1974. directed by Mel Brooks and starring Gene Wilder

one of my all time favs
    "Walk this way." "Hump? What hump?"
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Saturday Matinee now..

Cowboys and Aliens. 2011... Stars Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.

great hokum
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Run Silent Run Deep (1958)

Not seen this one since I was a little kid. All I could remember was that it was gripping, but I would only have been about six or seven.

But it stands up well today. Great performances from Gable and Lancaster, and a good pace to it with some twists and turns.

All the action on the submarine is historically accurate, they had WW2 submarine force vets in to technically advise them. The only thing that is a bit dodgy is the Jap sub shooting a torpedo at them whilst both subs are underwater.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Run Silent Run Deep (1958)

Not seen this one since I was a little kid. All I could remember was that it was gripping, but I would only have been about six or seven.

But it stands up well today. Great performances from Gable and Lancaster, and a good pace to it with some twists and turns.

All the action on the submarine is historically accurate, they had WW2 submarine force vets in to technically advise them. The only thing that is a bit dodgy is the Jap sub shooting a torpedo at them whilst both subs are underwater.
    HMS Venturer sunk a German sub underwater at end of war.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

HMS Venturer sunk a German sub underwater at end of war.
    Right, but that is the one and only occasion it has ever happened whereas the plot of the film suggests it was not unusual.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

if i remember right, it fired 8 torpedos in 2 batches of 4.. 1 hit home.. the sub was supposedly shipping technology to japan at end of war. They got lucky as the german sub had engine trouble and thus they caught up with it and set a trap.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

if i remember right, it fired 8 torpedos in 2 batches of 4.. 1 hit home.. the sub was supposedly shipping technology to japan at end of war. They got lucky as the german sub had engine trouble and thus they caught up with it and set a trap.
    Yes, I looked it up. 8 torpedoes at timed intervals based on a guess of the German's possible course. The U-boat inadvertently turned into the path of one of them.

The film implies that the Japanese sub had sunk three other U.S subs previously. And it only fires one torpedo. With no way to gauge the depth of the target they'd have to get very lucky.

Anyway, still a great film.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread