+ Reply to Thread
Page 796 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867947957967977988068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Earlier this..

Interrupted Journey.. Excellent tense melodrama from 1949.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now this..

Ken Burns' The West from 1996. Maybe his best.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Man for All Seasons, 1966. directed by Fred Zinnemann. A Stellar cast and won 6 Oscars i think.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A Man for All Seasons, 1966. directed by Fred Zinnemann. A Stellar cast and won 6 Oscars i think.
    Watched that a few weeks ago. An absolutely superb film. Paul Scofield was born for that role!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Yeah a first rate historical film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Titfield Thunderbolt, 1953 Charles Crichton and starring Stanley Holloway, Naunton Wayne, George Relph and John Gregson.

This Ealing offering never quite caught the imagination at time, and no-one working on it were in the least interested in old railways.
    Still its well enough made, even if short on laughs at times
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

On Talking Pictures TV in a minute. 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' 1949 with Alec Guinness, a fantastic film with some of the best acting you'll ever see. Wickedly brilliant and brilliantly wicked at the same time!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

The Pure Hell Of St Trinians. 1960.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    On Talking Pictures TV in a minute. 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' 1949 with Alec Guinness, a fantastic film with some of the best acting you'll ever see. Wickedly brilliant and brilliantly wicked at the same time!

Great film
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Alistair Cooke's America from 1972... tracing the history of the United States from the early voyages of discovery to the present.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread