+ Reply to Thread
Page 769 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597677687697707717798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

The Sweeny (2012)

I'm a big fan of the Sweeny, seen all of them, most of them more than once. There's no bad episodes and lots of brilliant ones. So you've got to wonder what they were thinking with this pile of shite, shite so bad even Ray Winston can't save it.

Of course London is like Disneyland now, all the crumbling Victoriana and the bomb sites surrounded by corrugated sheeting are long gone so it's not possible to create the same atmosphere as the series but even so you have to wonder if whoever wrote this had ever seen an episode. In fact it could just be any generic cop film script with the names changed to Carter and Reagan. I wonder if that isn't what happened. At one point Reagan is asked to hand over his 'badge and gun.' His badge? Where are we now, Dodge City? And the climax to the film takes place in a trailer park.. draw your own conclusions there.

The action scenes are risible, the characters do stupid things just to advance the plot - which is the same tired old shit about Internal Affairs pursuing a maverick cop who gets results. The romantic sub-plot with Reagan is lame and just slows the whole thing down even if you fast-forward through it. The bloke playing Carter looks and sounds like he's drugged-up.

Really it's a total insult to the genius of the writing, directing and characterisation of the original. All copies of this shit should be burnt, blown up and then the remains dumped in the sea.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

yep i watch it everyday on itv-4,some things you should leave well alone,this is one example along with the dads army film.
    im getting into the 70's series 'rooms',lots of people in it that go on to do good tv.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

They were showing the old sixties/seventies 'Public Eye' series last year on Talking Pictures TV channel, with the detective Frank Marker played by Alfred Burke. I really enjoyed those, all low key stuff, but very evocative.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    yep i watch it everyday on itv-4,some things you should leave well alone,this is one example along with the dads army film.
    Yep that was rotten too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

the new dads army film is great
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Life of Brian 1979.

Wait until Biggus Dickus hears of this!!!

Are you the Judean People's Front?... Fuck off! ... Judean People's Front.... We're the People's Front of Judea!... Judean People's Front... Wankers. ...
    Last edited by struth; 25-04-2020 at 14:31.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Sony Movies +1. 1990 with Liam Neeson. Enjoyed it 30 years ago, might be one that hasn't aged well.

I'm Dan.

We've been binge watching various TV shows. Any recommendations for British mysteries or comedy series.
    Got a free subscription to BritBox, and want to use before I have to pay for it.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We've been binge watching various TV shows. Any recommendations for British mysteries or comedy series.
    Got a free subscription to BritBox, and want to use before I have to pay for it.
    People forget how funny 'One Foot in The Grave' was. See if you can find those.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Not sure what to think, to be honest, very topical, but I'm not sure I knew High School Musical Zombie Horror was a thing... Did it enjoy it, though!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread