+ Reply to Thread
Page 747 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377457467477487497577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm sorted.

While since I’ve watched this classic

I'm Grant.

Too Many Crooks 1959.

Great comedy caper with Terry-Thomas
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Just finished that last film so now the second episode of the camomile lawn from 1992.
    I rate this very highly. Quality cast too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Wrong Arm of the Law. 1963. Peter Sellers stars with Bernard Cribbins and Lionel Jeffries.
    Quality comedy

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I remember seeing both of those stories, but not sure where. Hammer and Amicus made quite a few 'compilation' horror films.
    I've done a bit of research into the Amacus horror anthologies, and found the following:

'And Now the Screaming Starts' (1973)

'Asylum' (1972)

'Dr Terror's House of Horrors' (1970)

'Tales From the Crypt' (1972)
    (This is the one containing the story of the widow who is granted three wishes to bring her husband back to life, but the embalming fluid in his veins causes too much pain so she has to chop up the body with a cleaver, but the body parts keep writhing about.)

'The House that Dripped Blood' (1970)

I think I have seen them all at one time or another.
    Last edited by Barry; 23-03-2020 at 16:14. Reason: errant apostrope corrected
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just finished that last film so now the second episode of the camomile lawn from 1992.
    I rate this very highly. Quality cast too
    I saw the TV serial in the '90s when it was broadcast (I think it was on C4) - and yes it was very good.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

my son has a large collection of these type of films / series.. he loves them
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I saw the TV serial in the '90s when it was broadcast (I think it was on C4) - and yes it was very good.
    yup c4 it was.. still watching it.. it was a bargain
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

'Tales From the Crypt' (1972)
    (This is the one containing the story of the widow who is granted three wishes to bring her husband back to life, but the embalming fluid in his veins causes too much pain so she has to chop up the body with a cleaver, but the body parts keep writhing about.).
    That was Richard Greene (Robin Hood).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread