+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916997007017027037117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Superb film the thing, which was initially slated and put forward as one of the worst ever films In the day.
    Lol.

Now tonight it's Deep Impact 1998.
    This is a merger of screenplay ideas.. The remake of when world's collide and a production of Arthur C Clarke's The Hammer of God..
    Came out same year as Armageddon. Both faired well and made very good profits.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

cant do much bar sit at moment so putting a recent purchase on.. the long awaited bluray of Tony Hancock's "The Rebel"

Written by Ray Galton and Alan Simpson, along with Tony himself and stars apart from himself, George Sanders,Irene Handel and Paul Massie.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Going back to just after the war, this film, described as a bleak thriller realised with utter vibrancy, It Always rains On Sunday 1947, and stars Googie Withers and John McCallum.

Fully restored and on bluray.. Directed by Robert Hamer and set in the East End of London just after the destruction of ww2.

"Robert Hamer's savoury stew of London's lower class roils with an emotional brutality and precision that most films don’t dare attempt, let alone achieve" Time Out.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Lady killers. 1955

Directed by Alexander Mackendrick, the film is one of the greats.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Lady killers. 1955

Directed by Alexander Mackendrick, the film is one of the greats.
    They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup, another from similar origin
    The Lavender Hill mob. 1951.
    Another Rotton tomato 100% film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hope and Glory 1987. Stars Ian Bannen and Sarah Miles. Directed by John Boorman.

The main scenes were filmed on a set built at Wisely Airfield. Others at Shepperton Lock. This is a story of thd blitz through eyes of a boy.
    Fabulous film
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The 12th Man. 2017.

Based on a true story.

Baalsrud managed to get away and evade a huge Nazi manhunt: a two-month ordeal in the snowy wastes making his way to neutral Sweden, during which he suffered frostbite, gangrene and terrifying near-misses, but kept going with food and help from local sympathisers. His survival became a morale-boosting legend – “the 12th man” who defied the Nazis.
    Last edited by struth; 29-11-2019 at 20:36.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The 12th Man. 2017.

Based on a true story.

Baalsrud managed to get away and evade a huge Nazi manhunt: a two-month ordeal in the snowy wastes making his way to neutral Sweden, during which he suffered frostbite, gangrene and terrifying near-misses, but kept going with food and help from local sympathisers. His survival became a morale-boosting legend – “the 12th man” who defied the Nazis.
    Amazing film. If 10% is true its amazing.. If more it's downright amazing how he kept going. Determination and courage
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Without doubt a film everyone should watch.

A bit of light relief needed now as I'm tense lol

Red Dwarf
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread