+ Reply to Thread
Page 671 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1715716216616696706716726736817217711171 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Ivo.

Just finished this one.

Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Is that about the young boy who sees everyone fall down a hole just over the brow of a hill and turn into aliens? Absolutely love that film.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    No that is another film.. Think it's invaders from Mars or summat like that. Leif Erikson of high chapparal was in that.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No that is another film.. Think it's invaders from Mars or summat like that. Leif Erikson of high chapparal was in that.
    You're right, invaders from Mars. Your film is the one that was later remade with Donald Sutherland. Quite haunting that was when he screams at the end. I saw the old one many years ago, BBC2 used to show loads of old SciFi films on a Friday evening when I was at school, I wish they still showed those films now. They also had films like Fu Manchu, Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes etc.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Aye I have the big basil rathbone boxsets of Holmes. Iconic stuff from a special time in filmmaking. The Jeremy Brett ones are better but both are great in own ways.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Troll Hunter (Netflix)

Norweigan film about, a troll hunter. A young film crew stumble upon one of Norways greatest secrets, trolls exits and the TSS organisation manages them. Its tongue in cheek, funny in places but also very good, the trolls in particular are well done. Plenty of blood and guts as well.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Troll Hunter (Netflix)

Norweigan film about, a troll hunter. A young film crew stumble upon one of Norways greatest secrets, trolls exits and the TSS organisation manages them. Its tongue in cheek, funny in places but also very good, the trolls in particular are well done. Plenty of blood and guts as well.
    Sounds promising. I recently bought a DVD of this, but not watched it yet.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Closely Observed Trains

Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Dam Busters

Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Sounds promising. I recently bought a DVD of this, but not watched it yet.
    I have enjoyed it the three times I have watched it, and its generally well regarded. Its a horror film, and filmed in that happening live way that was really in vogue a few years back, but its done well and I certainly have never felt short changed by this movie. It has that matter of fact presentation that most Scandi things have, but there is a bit more pathos and humour on show than with some others Scandi films. The whole premise that Norway has a government department that manages trolls, is clever, that its underfunded and those involved struggling with the task makes it pretty gritty and believable.

I will be interested to see what you think. I hope you enjoy it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Time After Time. 1979
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread