+ Reply to Thread
Page 661 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1615616116516596606616626636717117611161 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Great St Trinians Train Robbery. 1966. Frankie Howerd, Reg Barney and Dora Bryan join George Cole et al. No Alistair Sim alas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

It wasn't me. I'm not moderating.

Soon I won't be a member either if your still here.

I leave it up as it shows how you think
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm alan.

Would the real moderator please stand up.......

Sorry Grant.

I don't mind me thread's being delleted, but it would be nice to know why.?

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Soon I won't be a member either if your still here.

Gosh seriously Grant I'm sorry you feel that way, well it was nice knowing you.

I'm Grant.

No it wasnt
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Another Life (NetFlix)

New sci fi show, not bad.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

The Siege of Jadotville (Netflix)

1961 the Congo, Irish UN peacekeepers involved in a battle as heroic as that of Rorke's Drift. 150 against thousands, they fought to the last bullet and no Irish peacekeeper was killed. I had no idea about this and up until very recently no one did, swept under the carpet because with no bullets left what could they do but surrender.

Fabulous film imho.

A Company to a man heroes, and finally recognised.
    Regards Neil

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Kung Fu Panda 3 - son's choice for Dad and boy movie as Mum and daughter are out. Very good!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

On BBC2 in a minute. 'The Third Man', proper classic B&W thriller with Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton. Always worth a watch!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

The Great Hack (Netflix)

this is extremely scary stuff.

I am not on FaceBook, or any other similar organisation.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 28-07-2019 at 14:45.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread