+ Reply to Thread
Page 621 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1215215716116196206216226236316717211121 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Lol yup.

Now with a great soundtrack

Peggy sue got Married

Kathleen Turner and Nick Cage
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Lol yup.

Now with a great soundtrack

Peggy sue got Married

Kathleen Turner and Nick Cage
    Not a bad film - but then I used to be a big fan of Kathleen Turner.
    Barry

The Joy Luck Club

Wayne Wang's screen adaptation of Amy Tan's novel, which interweaves sixteen stories about four Chinese women and their Chinese-American daughters. The mothers all arrived in San Francisco after the Second World War and have gathered weekly to play mah-jongg ever since. When one of the women dies, Suyuan, they invite her daughter June (Ming-Na Wen) to fill her place. June is a young Chinese-American woman about to visit China to meet her long-lost half-sisters. At a farewell party held in her honour, the story of June's relationship with her mother is gradually revealed in flashback, along with the histories of three other mothers and their daughters.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Hobsons Choice
    From 1954
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Last night - 'Mirror' dir. Andrei Tarkovsky

'Mirror' is the celebrated Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky's most autobiographical work in which he reflects upon his own childhood and the destiny of the Russian people. The film's many layers intertwine real life and family relationships - Tarkovsky's father, the poet Arseny Tarkovsky, reads his own poems on the soundtrack and Tarkovsky's mother appears as herself - with memories of childhood, dreams and nightmares. From the opening sequence of a boy being cured of a stammer by hypnotism, to scene in a printing works which encapsulates the Stalinist era, "Mirror" has an extraordinary resonance and repays countless viewings.

Tonight - 'Rabbit-Proof Fence'

During the most part of the early to mid 20th century, Australia's government policy was that mixed race Aboriginal children would be better off being brought up as white and so forcefully removed them from their homes to be trained as domestic servants. This film follows the true story of 3 such children; cousins Molly, Gracie and Daisy, who in 1931 found themselves being taken from their parents, sent to an institution and forced to forget their family and culture. However, Molly leads her 2 cousins in a daring escape across 1,500 miles of outback with no water and only the fence erected across the country to stop the epidemic of rabbits as a guide. Kenneth Branagh plays the government official charged with the return of the girls and the story is based on the book by Doris Pilkington, the neice of Daisy.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

I'm Grant.

Blackadder 3. amazon library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Body Heat

The divine Kathleen Turner at her sultry/sexy best.

(Was reminded to watch this by Grant previous posting.)
    Barry

I'm Grant.

The Lavander Hill Mob. 1951
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Death of Stalin 2017

Quality black, black comedy.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread