+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Just finished watching 'Rogue' movie. I really wasn't expecting an Aussie film about a huge crocodile menace to be up to much, but it was actually pretty damn good, way better than anticipated. Even the music score was impressive.

I'm Grant.

Earlier the original Dunkirk

Now. Red 2

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Been up most of night. Doh. Now the thing from another world. 1951

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Been up most of night. Doh. Now the thing from another world. 1951
    With James Arness (Gunsmoke) as the Thing.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    With James Arness (Gunsmoke) as the Thing.
    think it was roy. terrible film and sent me to sleep
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    think it was roy. terrible film and sent me to sleep
    Always been a favourite of mine, amusing the way they deliver their lines like machine guns.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Always been a favourite of mine, amusing the way they deliver their lines like machine guns.
    aye, it isnt that bad tbh, just i was tired. about to caffeine up as even mr hooker is annoying me today
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The wrath of Khan Second star trek movie. From Amazon prime

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Taken 3 (2014)

Liam Neeson is an ex-CIA agent, blah, blah. Now don't get me wrong the first one is a good film and the fact that it is stupid in so many ways just enhances that; a bit like in 'Under Siege', 'Die Hard' or 'Commando'. Only you've got Liam Neeson who's a proper actor not a cartoon character so you get a bit of perceived 'depth'.

So as usual despite the fact that he's keeping his head down and doing jack shit, there's trouble brewing. This time he's wanted for a crime he didn't commit. So it's basically 'The Fugitive' except he's rock hard and not just a poxy doctor. Or lots of other films where at least for some of the time the hero is being hunted by other good guys. And that poses a big problem: in the other films he can go through the baddies (mostly Eastern Europeans) with gay abandon, cracking windpipes and wringing necks with no second thought.

Because as anyone who watches Hollywood films in general, or in fact the first two films in this series will know: if you are an ex-CIA agent you can take the law into your own hands, kill as many people as you need to (in the continental USA or abroad), do as much property damage as you want and needlessly endanger countless civilian lives in reckless freeway car chases, and then when it is all over you can just go back to living your normal life like nothing happened.

Providing you were well liked at the CIA of course. Obviously if you don't fit in you end up leaving and going rogue and hijacking satellites and so forth. But Liam was well liked so he's fine and he's also got some other retired CIA mates to back him up, which is nice.

But the point is yer man is on the run so the plot calls for him to fight with, overpower and escape from the other good guys; cops, detectives, security guards. But he can't be seen to be breaking their windpipes and so on like he usually does Or shooting them. That would be even worse. So they have to use the classic move that you used to see on 60s and 70s tv all the time: The karate chop that knocks a man out.

He'll be out for maybe five, ten minutes; and then he'll wake up feeling a little bruised but otherwise....okay! Hey!

And Liam has to do this a lot to get out of situations and advance the plot.

Lame.

I mean we could live with it in 'The Man From Uncle' because it added to the charm. But in this film in 2014 it just looks like lazy writing to me. At least Forrest Whitaker is good and so is his character, but he's not in it enough. It plays like some of his scenes got cut out or shortened for some reason.

Anyway, worth a watch once and that's it.
    Last edited by Macca; 08-10-2018 at 20:58.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Taken 3 (2014)

Liam Neeson is an ex-CIA agent, blah, blah. Now don't get me wrong the first one is a good film and the fact that it is stupid in so many ways just enhances that; a bit like in 'Under Siege', 'Die Hard' or 'Commando'. Only you've got Liam Neeson who's a proper actor not a cartoon character so you get a bit of perceived 'depth'.

So as usual despite the fact that he's keeping his head down and doing jack shit, there's trouble brewing. This time he's wanted for a crime he didn't commit. So it's basically 'The Fugitive' except he's rock hard and not just a poxy doctor. Or lots of other films where at least for some of the time the hero is being hunted by other good guys. And that poses a big problem: in the other films he can go through the baddies (mostly Eastern Europeans) with gay abandon, cracking windpipes and wringing necks with no second thought.

Because as anyone who watches Hollywood films in general, or in fact the first two films in this series will know: if you are an ex-CIA agent you can take the law into your own hands, kill as many people as you need to (in the continental USA or abroad), do as much property damage as you want and needlessly endanger countless civilian lives in reckless freeway car chases, and then when it is all over you can just go back to living your normal life like nothing happened.

Providing you were well liked at the CIA of course. Obviously if you don't fit in you end up leaving and going rogue and hijacking satellites and so forth. But Liam was well liked so he's fine and he's also got some other retired CIA mates to back him up, which is nice.

But the point is yer man is on the run so the plot calls for him to fight with, overpower and escape from the other good guys; cops, detectives, security guards. But he can't be seen to be breaking their windpipes and so on like he usually does Or shooting them. That would be even worse. So they have to use the classic move that you used to see on 60s and 70s tv all the time: The karate chop that knocks a man out.

He'll be out for maybe five, ten minutes; and then he'll wake up feeling a little bruised but otherwise....okay! Hey!

And Liam has to do this a lot to get out of situations and advance the plot.

Lame.

I mean we could live with it in 'The Man From Uncle' because it added to the charm. But in this film in 2014 it just looks like lazy writing to me. At least Forrest Whitaker is good and so is his character, but he's not in it enough. It plays like some of his scenes got cut out or shortened for some reason.

Anyway, worth a watch once and that's it.
    Good write up Martin. Liam isnt my idea of an action man so never watched any of them. I prefer him as a serious actor. Hes too old for the action man bit
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread