+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 624625125525605615625635645726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Master and Commander. Far side of the world

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Master and Commander. Far side of the world

'For England, for home, and for the prize!'

I'm Neil.

Picnic at Hanging Rock (2018)

Enjoying this update of the 1975 film
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

Didn't realise there was a new one. I like the original, very well done that is.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

I didn't watch this, but was curious as to how it might turn out.

I'm not sure how what is a fairly simple story can be stretched to fit into a six episode series.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I didn't watch this, but was curious as to how it might turn out.

I'm not sure how what is a fairly simple story can be stretched to fit into a six episode series.
    So far so good, I like it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Stir Crazy 1980. Directed by Sidney Poitier.

A bit like a modern Hope and Crosby Road To movie I guess. You either get it or you don't.

Guessing the cinema audiences did as it grossed over $100 mil. A record at time for a black director. Groundbreaking on many levels
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Still Game Series 2

Netflix
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Robocop. 1987. Peter Waller and Nancy Allen.

Original and best. Real nasty
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Paul Verhoeven's Total Recall from 1990 starring big Arnie of course

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread