+ Reply to Thread
Page 529 of 579 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5790

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Good film. Got it in dvd
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

'Went The Day Well' (1943)

Dastardly Nazi paratroops disguised as Polish infantry take over an English village as the spearhead for an invasion.

Top film this and the inspiration for 'The Eagle Has Landed' as well as the original 'Dad's Army' film, which both borrow heavily from it.

By the time in the war this was made the Germans were doing badly on all fronts and there was no longer a danger of an invasion of the UK, so it was more a 'what might have been' than an outright propaganda film.

Obviously it works out for the plucky and resourceful Brits in the end. Great bit at the finish where a bloke takes us to the grave of the Germans in the church yard and says 'This is the only bit of England they ever got.'
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes and the voice of Terror...

amazon prime.

(used alexa echo to connect the whole thing...cool...handy as Ive lost the remote
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Currently this:

Good stuff!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Tim.

Amongst my all time favourites, cracking film.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

monkeys.....well apes actually.

2nd in the trilogy.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

War of the Planet of the Apes...
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Quick change

My amazon library
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Paul.

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7 > Musical Fidelity XLPS v3 Phono Stage
    Sony CDP-XE520 CD Player > SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    Pure DAB tuner
    Tisbury Mk.1 pre-amp > 2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps > Linn Kan mk.ii speakers on Kan stands and I'm about to do a handstand
    Grado SR80 headphones

www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

Star Trek. First contact. My Amazon library
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread