+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2693193593673683693703713794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Just finished Ep 19 of Law and Order season 1.

...now The School for Scoundrels from 1960 and starring Ian Carmichael, Terry-Thomas, Janette Scott and Alastair Sim. Peter Ustinov wrote some of the screenplay for this minor masterpiece.
    Made at Elstree Studios and premiered at the Warner Theatre in Leicester Square, London on 24 March 1960, where it ran for a month.

The two salesmen (Dennis Price and Peter Jones), who sell him a ramshackle 1924 "Swiftmobile" were characters from a radio show some years earlier and their catch phrase of "run for it" was reused.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

One of my favourites, that. Everyone in it gives perfect performances and the script is genius.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Now Paul the Alien; the uncut version. much better for it too. great film and soundtrack

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The football with commentary in Welsh.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

The last thing I watched was a God-awful 'supernatural' programme called The Living and the Dead. Utter shite from start to finish.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Withnail And I'

You may know it. If you don't that's okay, but you should probably watch more films.

Only a few films are resilient to repeated watching. I think it is fair to say this is one of them.
    Withnail's great. I've seen it twice in the cinema, and I've lost count of how many times on videotape/DVD.

I'm Martin.

It is very hard to pin down what makes it so good. A total one-off. Improves with every watching, like a good album improves with every listen.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I get the same thing with 'Miami Blues' too. The guy (Alec Baldwin) is nuts and a total loser all the way through, but it's a magic movie.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Not seen that one. I'll look out for it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not seen that one. I'll look out for it.
    Watch it free: http://hdmovie14.net/watch/miami-blu...-hd-full-movie
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread