+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2312813213293303313323333413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006) Stars the voices of Sean William Scott, Ray Romano, Queen Latifah, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Jay Leno among many. Super film, and although the story is not as good as the first, the animation is better, as is the fur simulation on the animals.
    The first 3 films are astonishingly good tbh but with the 4th brought out without much thought other than profit and crashed and died.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bedtime film is Carry on Don't Lose Your Head (1966) starring the usual suspects. Think this was the first Rank carry on distribution as well... Super gags like drop the message in the basket and I will read it later, lady binder's "But then, you've always had magnificent balls" and "I'm Camembert! I'm the big cheese".... what more do you need

Last edited by struth; 29-01-2016 at 23:18.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You notice that some obscure cable channel is showing Outland in the middle of the night so you tape it. Two days later you sit down expecting to enjoy watching Sean Connery playing a futuristic sheriff in a gritty Alien-style sci-fi thriller that is basically a rip off of High Noon but so what?

Instead it turns out to be 'Outlander', not Outland. A much more recent film about some Alien bloke in the Viking days and it's like watching a continuous 80 minute cut scene from a next gen video game.

Bollox.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think its to be chanel no 5
    Not yet, I am watching on RTE 2. Its due on 5 soon.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    And scully looks super hot now
    I agree Gillian Anderson looks very nice these days. I thought she looked particular nice in The Fall.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy. From 1942 and a showcase for the super Jimmy Cagney's abilities as a dancer and singer as well as actor playing George M Cohan.
    Joan Leslie,Walter Houston co star and a role so for Irene Manning.

Cohan won the Congressional Gold Medal in 36 for services to the US including the famous OVER THERE song .... He was THE star of Broadway writing and performing.

Cagney does a grand ol' job

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Channel 4 Dispatches - Where's My Missing Mail (On Now)

Well that's me never using YODEL - parcels thrown about the sorting office, items dropped etc. And loading the van, throw the stuff in, any old way.

This is everything one suspected, but seeing it in the flesh..... not good.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

A lot of companies do that, or used to anyway. Ive seen them. Difficult to know who does what once its out of your sight. Still find for expensive and potentially breakable items R Mail special delivery, and UPS express to be the best as they go through different systems
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948). John Huston's Academy Award winning adaptation of Ret Marut(B Traven)'s book of same name. Starring Humphrey Bogart as Dobbs, Tim Holt as Bob Curtin and Walter Huston as Howard. There was a strong possiblity that technical advisor Hal Coves was in fact Traven.

One of these great films that will last for ever.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

One of my all time favourites, that. Check out the fight scene in the bar near the start of the film, it's so well done it looks like they filmed an actual fight. Not like the nonsense in modern Hollywood films.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread