+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 1486 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Just watching & listening to the end of this now...

If you want to see a quality 1080P video then this is it Some of it isn't pretty due to our westernised human sensitivities but it's a top quality video transfer & imo it's worth a watch or 4 or more

Just incredible, scary as well in a certain way.

Much as i love films i genuinely feel this extraordinary documentary of video & sound will blow your mind.....

Best blu ray i have ever purchased The most moving thing i have probably ever seen & a few times to come to that...
    You've convinced me - Amazon order placed!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Will.

Just watching & listening to the end of this now...

If you want to see a quality 1080P video then this is it Some of it isn't pretty due to our westernised human sensitivities but it's a top quality video transfer & imo it's worth a watch or 4 or more

Just incredible, scary as well in a certain way.

Much as i love films i genuinely feel this extraordinary documentary of video & sound will blow your mind.....

Best blu ray i have ever purchased The most moving thing i have probably ever seen & a few times to come to that...
    Does anyone know if there are blu ray plans for the earlier Koyaanisqatsi / Powaqqatsi films?...also tremendous IMHO
    Cheers, Will

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are blu ray plans for the earlier Koyaanisqatsi / Powaqqatsi films?...also tremendous IMHO
    I haven't heard anything tbh Will, i'd actually like to get to see the former myself for the first time in actuality

I have some music here that was specifically written to be played along with the film as an alternative to the soundtrack

I'll ask about on Blu-ray.com & see if anyone knows anything, first up i'll do a search though as the answer might already be there
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

I have some music here that was specifically written to be played along with the film as an alternative to the soundtrack
    You learn something new everyday.I'm gonna pop it on and chill out now.

Maybe later I'll play the Philip Glass version.

Ta for the info.
    ATB

David

I'm Will.

I haven't heard anything tbh Will, i'd actually like to get to see the former myself for the first time in actuality

I'll ask about on Blu-ray.com & see if anyone knows anything, first up i'll do a search though as the answer might already be there
    If you like Baraka you'll love them...

I prefer Koyaanisqatsi of the 2, probably the Philip Glass soundtrack, and it was the original of the series, I'll check out the alternative soundtrack, cheers for the nod

On the subject of soundtracks, and great DVDs, one of my favourites is 'Man with a movie camera' by the cinematic orchestra, saw them playing it live at the time, magnificent!!! As it's an old 20s B&W film I wouldn't bother holding out for a blu ray version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cinematic-Or...4418688&sr=8-3

Looks like it's been re-issued, if you have 'everyday' this is where most of the melodic themes stem from...

Cheers, Will

If you like Baraka you'll love them...

I prefer Koyaanisqatsi of the 2, probably the Philip Glass soundtrack, and it was the original of the series, I'll check out the alternative soundtrack, cheers for the nod

On the subject of soundtracks, and great DVDs, one of my favourites is 'Man with a movie camera' by the cinematic orchestra, saw them playing it live at the time, magnificent!!! As it's an old 20s B&W film I wouldn't bother holding out for a blu ray version
    Ooooooerrrrr, this might be getting too regular

Looky here Will & scroll down a bit, i'm not seeing things am I? Make sure you scroll down to look at the notes

I'm having a Twilight Zone moment scared011.gif
    Bests, Mark

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Next thing I will be watching on DVD will be the Video Collection of Mylene Farmer (OOLA LAH ) when it arrives in the post from Amazon.

Imagine Kate Bush meets Kylie Minogue, meets Madonna.....and your still not really there...oh yes she sings in French.

Several somewhat sexy videos on there

Regards D S D L
    Well my DVD arrived today

In case you wonder why I have mentioned her in this thread (rather than in the music room)well its because her music videos are much more that that they are mini movies, ranging in length from 7 mins to 17 +. So far we have swept through from pre revolutionary France to the Napoleonic wars and beyond.....

Picture quality is good and sound while only Dolby is also very good.

Regards D S D L

I'm Will.

Ooooooerrrrr, this might be getting too regular

Looky here Will & scroll down a bit, i'm not seeing things am I? Make sure you scroll down to look at the notes

I'm having a Twilight Zone moment scared011.gif
    You're going to knacker my bank balance...that's another one on the list

I suppose they are 2 of the classic films of all time, and both lend themselves to alternative soundtracks, very interesting indeed
    Cheers, Will

You're going to knacker my bank balance...that's another one on the list

I suppose they are 2 of the classic films of all time, and both lend themselves to alternative soundtracks, very interesting indeed
    Take it from me that the first one i linked to will definately be expensive

It's a limited edition, i'd suggest a look on Discogs or fleabay but if the prices are still similar to what i have generally seen, make sure you have at least £40 handy
    Bests, Mark

MartinT Guest

I prefer Koyaanisqatsi of the 2, probably the Philip Glass soundtrack
    That's what does it for me. I went to a concert of Philip Glass' music last year and he came on stage to speak to the audience. I love his 'circular' music and he has written some very fine soundtracks.

+ Reply to Thread