+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1481982382462472482492502582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quatermass and the pit, starring Andrew Keir Barbara Shelley and James Donald. Made in 67, this is one of Britain's best Hammer horror films.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Just watched Interstellar..

Best movie I've seen in a good while, quite trippy, dealing with time, relativity and other abstract concepts in an entertaining way.

Ending was quite emotional too.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Quatermass and the pit, starring Andrew Keir Barbara Shelley and James Donald. Made in 67, this is one of Britain's best Hammer horror films.
    Ooh. That's a goodie Grant.

Do you remember 'The Tomb of Ligeia'? That was another Classic Hammer film. Very brooding and atmospheric.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Doesn't ring a bell instantly. Will have to think about that one.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Fabulous film

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

The devils on skirts aka carry on up the kyber is just started on film4 with sir sydney ruff-diamond having his tiffen allthe time and then pitting his minor wits v randy lal
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bring on the dancing girls. Get rid of this idiot! .. Fakir....off!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Fawlty Towers.

'So that's two egg mayonaisses, a prawn Goebels, a Herman Goering and four Colditz salads.'

Nobody's doing anything that good anymore.

Far more entertaining than 'A Star On Earth' in which the faintly annoying Prof Brian Cox is supposed to be looking at nuclear fusion, which should be interesting. Regrettably, after some unnecessarily long and tedious primary school level exposition about how the sun works, he quickly moves straight onto the climate change bollocks, thus forcing me to switch off and once again seriously consider not paying the licence fee.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

"faintly annoying"? That should read: "very annoying"!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Dad's Army- The Movie.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread