+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1441942342422432442452462542943447441244 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

To Have and Have Not

"You know how to whistle don't you Steve? You just put your lips together - and blow." (As spoken by the delightfully sultry Lauren Bacall in her debut film.)
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Bogart films are 'the business' and Bogart & Bacall films are just magic. People who haven't seen any really just do not know what they're missing. I have many in my collection.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

now watching "Sailor Beware" Peggy Mount at her most frightening as the battleaxe wife and future Mother-in-law....she'd put anyone off marriage

also stars Shirley Eaton, Ronald lewis, Gordon Jackson and a young Michael Caine. Cannot remember the bridesmaid's name but she was a cracker

Edit: just remembered the bridesmaids name. Joy Webster...she was a dish.

a great line was when jackson said the m in law was a ghastly dragon...groom said I aint marring her...Jackson says if you were I'd strangle you with my own hands.
    Last edited by struth; 15-01-2015 at 00:43.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

first men in the moon 1964 starring lionel jefferies and edward judd(who also starred in the day the earth caught fire i think).
    filmed in dynamation. a process of adding models to live action cheaply for low budget movies. this kinda changed names a few times from super dynamation to dynarama then for this film dynamation_the miricle of the screen. developed by ray harryhausen after his budget for earlier films was too high.
    Excellent film for its day and budget.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    first men in the moon 1964 starring lionel jefferies and edward judd(who also starred in the day the earth caught fire i think).
    filmed in dynamation. a process of adding models to live action cheaply for low budget movies. this kinda changed names a few times from super dynamation to dynarama then for this film dynamation_the miricle of the screen. developed by ray harryhausen after his budget for earlier films was too high.
    Excellent film for its day and budget.
    Good film, very enjoyable.

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

'Open Water'

A couple go scuba diving but when they surface the boat is gone, they are alone in the middle of the ocean, and things go rapidly downhill from there.

I think the lesson is never go scuba- diving Good film though, I think it only cost them about £100K to make and grossed millions. Based on true story too, so don't say it could never happen...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Open Water'

A couple go scuba diving but when they surface the boat is gone, they are alone in the middle of the ocean, and things go rapidly downhill from there.

I think the lesson is never go scuba- diving Good film though, I think it only cost them about £100K to make and grossed millions. Based on true story too, so don't say it could never happen...
    ive seen that. it was interesting to see the way the relationship changed.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Next Pollock film in the A Christie boxset is Murder at the Gallop 1963. Margaret Rutherford is again joined by her husband Stringer Davis and she plays alongside Robert Morley this time.
    This was originally a Poirot story but was adapted to a Marple one.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry on Cleo.....the Romans are coming! Sinister dexter, sinister dexter My names Senna...thats a pretty name... it was until I married someone called Pod!.............
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now the third in the M Rutherford set, Murder Ahoy 1964 co starring Lionel Jefferies and Nicholas Parsons plus the usual crew of Stringer Davis and Charles 'Bud' Tingwell as Insp Craddock. Margaret Rutherford took a 1 month course in fencing for this role.

Terence Edmond appears as Sgt Bacon who played the character PC Sweet in Z Cars in 1962 and famously was killed off.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread