+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1371872272352362372382392472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Good to see Wilco Johnston looking good on Hootenanny.
    enjoy yoursel Gaz
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    John Carter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carter_%28film%29

I love this film, the look of it, the action, the majesty. I know this didn't do that well at the cinema - understatement it bombed - but I think its a good re imagining of ERBs John Cater of Mars. Based on the Princess of Mars book it was hoped this might be the beginning of a series to rival Star Wars but it didn't happen. I really don't know why it has everything going for it and yet nope.

I loved Marvel comics comic adaptation, and discovered the books in my early teens, so I was delighted when this came out.

Anyway ERBs estate have taken the rights back and hope to revisit this, so there may be a second film.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ne...nc-1201335891/

Regards Neil
    I enjoyed this film too Neil, I watched it just prior to the Christmas hols. I've not read the books but will do on this showing, great film

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    enjoy yoursel Gaz
    Went to bed just after it finished, toasted the bells with a glass of milk!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 01-01-2015 at 14:52.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Have been watching Frozen Planet all day on the yesterday channel. the life and death struggles of nature are a sobering thought. photography to die for too and the dedication of the cameramen/women to get the footage is admirable.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Decided to Carry on and lose my Head
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

watching Attenboroughs Blue Planet on Yesterday Channel. but How the West was Won is starting in 5 mins on bbc2 so may change over.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

How the West was Won...

Great Score by Alfred Newman.
    Have a BBC3 live recording of the Score I used to love hearing.
    (No tape deck to play it on nowadays mind...)
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    How the West was Won...

Great Score by Alfred Newman.
    Have a BBC3 live recording of the Score I used to love hearing.
    (No tape deck to play it on nowadays mind...)
    There are cd's of the soundtrack I believe on amazon(not cheap )

I am now watching a tv recording of the hound of the baskervilles starring Mr Roxburgh as Sherlock Holmes..quite good version this
    Last edited by struth; 02-01-2015 at 22:43. Reason: tipo
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

watching wild china at moment. saw some of it a while back on iplayer so good to catch the other ones
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Just about to sit down to a Manga double bill, Akira and Ghost in the Shell.
    Two classics which I havent seen in years.

Get the feeling I'll be watching the matrix soon after...wonder why?
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread