+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Adam.

Sat down to watch one of my fav films.
    Disney - Holes.

Not everyones type of movie but i love stuff like this.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

I suppose I am too young to be a huge Henry Mancini fan... BUT I AM!!!

Breakfast at Tiffany's

It's been very interesting growing up with the soundtracks to movies I've never seen. I know the music inside and out; but, seeing the actual movies is always a surreal experience. Anyway, splendid movie. The party scene is indeed hilarious, especially the "face plant"! One certainly has to look past Mickey Rooney's role as a person of Asian descent. Hollywood, like the world at large, has always been a bit *&^^% up. But, Audrey makes up for that.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    "Buying records cheers me up... Whenever I feel low, I buy some new records.." -Linus

In my opinion, Linus is a GENIUS
    Wasn't it Schroeder that said that?!

I'm such a nerd!

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    Wasn't it Schroeder that said that?!

I'm such a nerd!
    Yes! Noted and changed! Thanks! I must've been listening to too much Vince Guaraldi at the time.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Orbital - The Altogether 5.1 DTS DVD

Being nicely upscaled by my Panasonic BD player

Just remembered, this is one freaky DVD There is a shed load of hidden stuff that you need to look for by moving the cursor all over the place on the menu. There is a fantastic track & video i have only seen the once as i just cant find it again
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Damn it, just found the audio selector on the DVD now it's ended Oh well a few tracks in DTS are going on again...DD 5.1 is pish

Ahhh, that's better biggrin.gif
    Bests, Mark

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Last night, but didn't get a chance to post - "Hot Tub Time Machine" - what a hoot!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

I watched a recording of 'The Blue Brothers' the other night. It was recorded off-air, very late one night recently & it had a bloke doing signing sub-titles in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    I have to say that during the first song on the film it was rather amusing to see someone doing sign language to the lyrics 'she caught the Katy & left me a mule to ride'

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    There is a fantastic track & video i have only seen the once as i just cant find it again
    Have you tried stopping the disc and then directly accessing the tracks with next/previous? That often works to get to stuff otherwise hidden in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Have you tried stopping the disc and then directly accessing the tracks with next/previous? That often works to get to stuff otherwise hidden in the menu.
    Yes, it doesn't work like that though Martin. Once it's in the player you find an arrow & an exit sign If you move to the arrow you then get the standard album tracks which you can play in order or skip through. There is more stuff if you take the exit as well.

However, what you don't know is that you can possibly select a track & then move left or right & possibly up or down once you have done that & find something hidden. A little like "easter eggs" on blu rays

There are about 15 hidden tracks, i guess i should have made a map of where to move to when i found this stuff previously
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread