+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1271772172252262272282292372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

.....now starting to watch the mini series "The Winds Of War" with Bob Mitcham.
    I watched that first time round and recalled it being quite good but they repeated it a couple of years ago and I tried watching it again and it hasn't aged well. Bob's always good, though.

Just been watching The Bridge At Remagen, another one I've not seen in years.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I watched that first time round and recalled it being quite good but they repeated it a couple of years ago and I tried watching it again and it hasn't aged well. Bob's always good, though.

Just been watching The Bridge At Remagen, another one I've not seen in years.
    inclined to agree. it has aged and although Mitchum is a class act he was physically well past his prime. Still well done though but not a patch on the book.

Remagan was on yesterday i think. meant to record it. doh!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've just reclaimed my copy of 'Two Days in The Valley' from a friend. Nice quirky and sometimes humorous, crime thriller with a mean edge. James Spader is in fine form here. May watch it again this weekend. Not seen it for ages.
    took delivery of a copy of this so will watch it soon. got it on amazon
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

just starting on film 4...THE CRUEL SEA. with jack hawkins and donald sindon...and a short nasty role for stanley baker who was awesome ain such parts
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Geoffrey Rush, Colin Firth and Helena Bonham-Carter. Say no more - superb!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Not my sort of movie. But Geoffrey Rush was great in 'The Tailor of Panama'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    took delivery of a copy of this so will watch it soon. got it on amazon
    It's a bit different and rather good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not my sort of movie. But Geoffrey Rush was great in 'The Tailor of Panama'.
    Agreed! I also have it on DVD.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Tonight just put on the restored Blu Ray version of Powell & Pressburger's The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp starring Roger Livesey as Blimp
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Just turned the telly back on and Friday the 13th is on...never seen it...was confronted with a guy giving a rather attractive gal one doggy in a tent then all hell broke loose

Not really my style tbh, but she was rather nice

Think I will watch "Appointment in London"
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread