+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1181682082162172182192202282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mark.

Just finished watching Batman Begins. Great fun!

I'm Grant.

Currently, A Matter Of Life And Death with David Niven
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Good film that. Kim Hunter was a very attractive lass.

Think I'll watch some Dwarf now.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Currently, A Matter Of Life And Death with David Niven
    Another excellent Powell/Pressberger film. Their depiction of Heaven is very believable, and created long before CGI!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

watching an excellent program on the Vimy Ridge assault by the Royal Canadian Corps
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

was a toss up between shaving ryan's ******** and a comedy, so decided on a Jimmy Cagney film ......and a comedy taboot. "One Two Three (1961) Starring Cagney and Horst Buchholz (one of the mighty 7). Directed by the one and only Billy Wilder, and shot in Berlin, and in the end Munich as the Ruskies put a wall up during the filming.

Cagney really hated Horst, and said "I got riled at S.Z. Sakall," he once said, "in Yankee Doodle Dandy for trying to steal a scene, but he was an incorrigible old ham who was quietly and respectfully put in his place by Michael Curtiz. No harm in the old boy. But this Horst Buchholz character I truly loathed. Had he kept on with his little scene-stealing didoes, I would have been forced to knock him on his ass, which I would have very much enjoyed doing."

We knew that we were going to have a comedy, we [were] not going to be waiting for the laughs. But we had to go with Cagney, because Cagney was the whole picture. He really had the rhythm, and that was very good. It was not funny. But just the speed was funny...The general idea was, let's make the fastest picture in the world...And yeah, we did not wait, for once, for the big laughs. ”
    —From Conversations with Wilder (1999).

I love this film, and Cagney who was very underrated. he could do everything, and was as tough as nails too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The whole scene stealing thing is interesting. I read that Meryl Streep would always find something to do with her hands in a scene where she did not have much dialogue. Peeling an orange, for example.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The whole scene stealing thing is interesting. I read that Meryl Streep would always find something to do with her hands in a scene where she did not have much dialogue. Peeling an orange, for example.
    in her pocket I hope........

now watching Blackadder's christmas carol

Mrs Scratchett, tiny Tom is 15 stone and built like a brick privvy
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

now watching Blackadder's christmas carol

Watched 'Back & forth' yesterday where Baldrick's pants were responsible for the demise of the Dinosaurs

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Watched 'Back & forth' yesterday where Baldrick's pants were responsible for the demise of the Dinosaurs
    Thats next up
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread