+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1011511911992002012022032112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    This,ll send you bananas then!

Gentlemen she would eat you all for breakfast and spit you all out

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Babylon 5 - The Gathering

The slightly clunky pilot for what would become one of the finest TV sci-fi series ever made. I recall watching this as a video I hired, and thinking once finished watching it that it would make a good series. I knew it was a pilot and as so many series never get beyond a first go didn't hold my breath re there ever being more and some time later that series I thought would not get made was shown on Channel 4 a very pleasant surprise.

If you have never watched B5 and like sci-fi then you are in my opinion missing out big time.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Gentlemen she would eat you all for breakfast and spit you all out

Regards Neil
    Don't bet on that Neil and anyhoo, what a way to go.

...now watching Red Dwarf 3
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Showing on BBC2 tonight at 10.00pm:

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

Biographical drama charting the life and rise to fame of “punk poet laureate” Ian Dury, starring Andy Serkis. Despite contracting polio as a child, the singer defied expectations to become one of the pioneers of the British punk rock scene in the late 1970s.

Serkis (he of Gollum fame) gives a tour de force performance as the late great Ian Dury – a rôle he was born to play, in much the same way that Stephen Fry was born to play Oscar Wilde, (or Jeeves in ‘Jeeves and Wooster’).
    I watched Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll this evening and enjoyed it immensely, I rate Serkis highly and IMO he was Ian Drury personified. This film is classy, witty, hilarious, tragic, thought provoking and raw. 10/10

I'm Gary.

Watched Ides of March last night.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124035/

Great film, reminds me of Primary Colours, another Washington based political drama, but with a William Friedkin/ Frankenheimer 70's vibe to it.

Great acting, Phillip Hoffman was great but really surprised by Ryan Gosling.
    Strong screen presence, reminded me of a young Steve McQueen in the film.
    Amazing in Drive, this guys some actor.

Asks good questions about Politics, morality, loyalty and how far you will go, what bad things you will do to get a good job done.
    Layered, complex and doesn't spoon feed you the answers, my kinda film.

Great direction by Clooney too.
    Highly recommended.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Going to watch "Down Among the Big Boys " which came out in 1993, and starred Billy Connelly, Maggie Bell, Ashley Jensen and Alex Norton. Bill barclay also appears as a police Sergeant .....This was part of the "Screen One" series on the Beeb, and has Connelly as a top Glasgow Gangster and Thief robbing a bank while his daughter is about to marry a copper......A mix of drama with some excellent comedic moments make this a must see, especially for lovers of the Gallus.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Great show that. Love the bit when they blow the safety deposits while dancing to an Orange band playing in the street..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now on to Red Dwarf series 4.....Love my Dwarf
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

smeggin' great that.

Watched "The Strain" tv series last night. Very good.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

New take on the vampire story, set in modern day new york.
    Really enjoyable, co-written and executive produced by Guillermo Del Toro.

Some genuinely creepy and horrific stuff in there.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Another Strain fan. I'm going to get the books.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread