+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 951451851931941951961972052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Wish I was retired you've got The Professionals and The New Avengers back to back in the mornings at the moment. Daytime telly has never been better. When I was a kid if you were off sick it was all bloody puppet shows for under fives followed by Take The High Road.

No doubt when I finally get my cards and get to put my feet up on a weekday they will be back to showing Take the frigging High Road again.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Getting an afternoon to myself for once ....Harold has just said his "you dirty old man" line that only he could!
    I was forcibly retired but would be out at work if could ! ...its no fun tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tonight its a slight tongue in cheek horror from 1981 by John Landis. An American Werewolf in London Starring David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Joe Belcher, Griffin Dunne and John Woodvine. Cameo's from Frank Oz(as per), Rik Mayall and Brian Glover as chess players are a nice touch.

Shooting took place mostly in London but also in Surrey and Wales. It was released in the United States on August 21, 1981 and grossed $30.56 million at the box office. Critics generally gave the film favourable reviews. The film won the 1981 Saturn Award for Best Horror Film and an Academy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup. Empire magazine named An American Werewolf in London as the 107th greatest film of all time in September 2008. On August 15, 2013, the film was announced to be used as the seventh maze to be featured at Universal Orlando Resort's annual Halloween Horror Nights event in 2013. The maze was popular enough to be used in Universal Studios Hollywood's 2014 Halloween Horror Nights event.The location filming of the front of Alex's flat and surroundings was filmed on or around Lupus Street in Pimlico, London (lupus is Latin for wolf).

John Landis came up with the story while he worked in Yugoslavia as a production assistant on the film Kelly's Heroes (1970). He and a Yugoslavian member of the crew were driving in the back of a car on location when they came across a group of gypsies. The gypsies appeared to be performing rituals on a man being buried so that he would not "rise from the grave." Landis wrote the first draft of An American Werewolf in London in 1969 and shelved it for over a decade.

Only four American work permits were requested of the British government for the production: for director John Landis, makeup artist Rick Baker, and actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne. The first three work permits were granted by the British government without question. But the British office of Actors' Equity questioned the necessity of a work permit for actor Dunne, claiming that there were already plenty of young American actors living in Great Britain who could portray the role of Jack. It was only when director/screenwriter Landis threatened to rewrite the script and re-title the movie "An American Werewolf in Paris" that the equity office reconsidered the application and granted Dunne his work permit.

Going to be watching the Blu Ray version with the reworked Dolby stereo. Hopefully Jenny will get her kit off again
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's been a long time since I watched the film, but I don't think Agutter does "get her kit off". For that, you have to watch the last five minutes or so of the Nicholas Roeg film 'Walkabout'.
    Barry

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tonight its a slight tongue in cheek horror from 1981 by John Landis. An American Werewolf in London Starring David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Joe Belcher, Griffin Dunne and John Woodvine. Cameo's from Frank Oz(as per), Rik Mayall and Brian Glover as chess players are a nice touch.

Shooting took place mostly in London but also in Surrey and Wales. It was released in the United States on August 21, 1981 and grossed $30.56 million at the box office. Critics generally gave the film favourable reviews. The film won the 1981 Saturn Award for Best Horror Film and an Academy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup. Empire magazine named An American Werewolf in London as the 107th greatest film of all time in September 2008. On August 15, 2013, the film was announced to be used as the seventh maze to be featured at Universal Orlando Resort's annual Halloween Horror Nights event in 2013. The maze was popular enough to be used in Universal Studios Hollywood's 2014 Halloween Horror Nights event.The location filming of the front of Alex's flat and surroundings was filmed on or around Lupus Street in Pimlico, London (lupus is Latin for wolf).

John Landis came up with the story while he worked in Yugoslavia as a production assistant on the film Kelly's Heroes (1970). He and a Yugoslavian member of the crew were driving in the back of a car on location when they came across a group of gypsies. The gypsies appeared to be performing rituals on a man being buried so that he would not "rise from the grave." Landis wrote the first draft of An American Werewolf in London in 1969 and shelved it for over a decade.

Only four American work permits were requested of the British government for the production: for director John Landis, makeup artist Rick Baker, and actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne. The first three work permits were granted by the British government without question. But the British office of Actors' Equity questioned the necessity of a work permit for actor Dunne, claiming that there were already plenty of young American actors living in Great Britain who could portray the role of Jack. It was only when director/screenwriter Landis threatened to rewrite the script and re-title the movie "An American Werewolf in Paris" that the equity office reconsidered the application and granted Dunne his work permit.

Going to be watching the Blu Ray version with the reworked Dolby stereo. Hopefully Jenny will get her kit off again
    Now this one brings back some fond memories of me and my mates piling into our local cinema for a very late night screening of this. It was also the first film I bought on video, Betamax no less... hehe

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's been a long time since I watched the film, but I don't think Agutter does "get her kit off". For that, you have to watch the last five minutes or so of the Nicholas Roeg film 'Walkabout'.
    Or Logan's Run

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Great film.

Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Or Logan's Run

Regards Neil
    Ah yes - I had forgotten about Logans Run. Understandable, since in my opinion it's a lousy SF film.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Enjoyed that and the Blu ray is excellent..Jenny did by the way.....she was a lovely lass....interesting that she was younger than Sally Thompsett who played her much younger sister in the Railway children; a film that's high on my list, and one of the few that the remake, which she played the mother, was almost as good.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources

In Jean De Florette an old man and his only remaining relative in a rural French village cast their covetous eyes on an adjoining vacant property. They need its spring water for growing their flowers, so are dismayed to hear the man who has inherited it is moving in. They block up the spring and watch as their new neighbour tries to keep his crops watered from wells far afield through the hot summer. Though they see his desperate efforts are breaking his health and his wife and daughter's hearts they think only of getting the water. In the sequel, Manon Des Sources, Manon (Beart) has grown into a beautiful young shepherdess living in the idyllic Provencal countryside. She determines to take revenge upon the men responsible for the death of her father in the first film.

More films about “getting even” – with the added bonus of having the delightful Emanuel Beart dancing around naked in the second film. Great acting by Gerard Depardieu and a surprisingly competent and creepy turn by Yves Montand.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread