+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 831331731811821831841851932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Rich.

Just watched that Houdini 2 parter on Channel4. Its a bit schmaltzy but I grew up reading about him and have always been fascinated.

An amazing talent.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Ummmm I disagree - Wrath of Khan imho deserves that honour.

Regards Neil
    First Contact is certainly the best of the "next generation" films imo, directed by Commander Riker himself, Jonathan Frakes.
    The musical score was great, big fan of Jerry Goldsmith and was good to have him compose new music for Trek. The new theme was fantastic and some genuinely touching stuff in there, like what he did for Trek 5. (Shame about the movie though!)
    His son Joel was brought in to help as Goldsmith Snr was juggling a lot of projects.
    He did the electronic stuff with the Borg scenes.
    Joel Goldsmith went on to do the music for Stargate Universe TV series, which reminded me a lot of Vangelis' Blade Runner.

But Yeah, for me Khan's the best movie.
    James Horner's score is fantastic too. I think of his music for Trek 2 and 3 as a part of the same album really, one flows so well into the other and compliment each other well.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Good film - more enjoyable that 2001

Regards Neil
    "That comment will look splendid on the front page of Pravda..."
    Good to see Chief Brodie again, Roy Scheider played the part very like what he did on Jaws I thought.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    "That comment will look splendid on the front page of Pravda..."
    Good to see Chief Brodie again, Roy Scheider played the part very like what he did on Jaws I thought.
    2001 is a big budget art house movie and while its beautiful, visual stunning, great music it is pretty boring in places.

I thought he did a great job in it and overall it was an enjoyable continuation of the story.

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    But Yeah, for me Khan's the best movie.
    James Horner's score is fantastic too. I think of his music for Trek 2 and 3 as a part of the same album really, one flows so well into the other and compliment each other well.
    Yes 2 and 3 are really the one story and while 3 is flawed I thought Christopher Lloyd did a great job as the Klingon commander, so good in fact I didn't recognise him at all.

Must say I wasn't that keen on any of the Next Gen movies except maybe Generations but its very flawed.

Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

I suppose the 'Trek' films are OK if you're under 11 years old, but the music is ghastly!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

After a few beers my mental age is under 11 so that works just fine
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    After a few beers my mental age is under 11 so that works just fine
    Does not compute! I thought alcohol was supposed to make women look more attractive? :->
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Martin.

Except for 7 of 9 and that green bird the women of Star Trek are either deeply unattractive or really annoying. Or both.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I suppose the 'Trek' films are OK if you're under 11 years old, but the music is ghastly!
    nob.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread