+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 801301701781791801811821902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

........and now Ice Age 3_dawn of the dinosaurs ....Fab film..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

On to Black Adder Series 2. Astonishingly funny if that's a word.

Just remembered how to spell it lol

Your just an old quack....I'd rather be a quack than a ducky
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

BBC Electric Proms, just watched The Who now on to Oasis (don't think I'll bother with Robbie Williams)

I'm Grant.

What! ............don't like Robbie?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What! ............don't like Robbie?
    Best I can say about him is he's a 'showman', watched Robert Plant & Band of Joy instead

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Best I can say about him is he's a 'showman', watched Robert Plant & Band of Joy instead
    Saw Plant on the box a couple of weeks ago. He looks a mess, very crumbly and clapped out. He certainly looks rougher than I do and he's younger (just).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Saw Plant on the box a couple of weeks ago. He looks a mess, very crumbly and clapped out. He certainly looks rougher than I do and he's younger (just).
    Maybe the split from Patty Griffin has hit him hard

I'm Martin.

Classic Albums: Steely Dan 'Aja'

on U-tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8GwEX7nn6o

The thinking man's Spinal Tap:

Walter Becker: ''I like it when people come up to me and say 'Hey are you that guy out of Steely Dan?' and I say 'Yes that's right.' And they say 'No, no. You're not him.' That's what I like.''
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Tonight it is Star Trek; First Contact (1996), Directed and Starring Jonathan Frakes, with Patrick Stewart and Bret Spiner, who is terrific as Data.

Tom Hanks was considered for the role of Zefram Cochrane. Hanks, being an avid Star Trek fan, was receptive to the part, but had to pass due to his commitment to directing and starring in That Thing You Do! (1996). Zefram Cochrane played by James Cromwell, who was in both the Green Mile and LA Confidential, loved and was dancing to one of my favorite songs, Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison AKA the Big O.

LeVar Burton playing Geordi La Forge finally had his requests to have his visor replaced with ocular implants granted here. All the scenes filmed inside the silo and of the Phoenix were taken at the Titan Missile Museum, located in Green Valley, 20 miles South of Tucson, Arizona. This site is the only Intercontinental Missile (ICBM) silo complex in the world that is open to the public. The 110 foot tall Titan II rocket has been "de-militarized" (no fuel or nuclear payload) and, per the SALT treaty and SMART (Strategic Missile Arms Reduction Treaty), one of the two silo doors must remain blocked open for Russian satellite verification.

The best of the Star Trek films this, and I never tire of it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

The best of the Star Trek films this, and I never tire of it.
    Controversial! Of the modern efforts I prefer 'Generations', with this one second best, maybe. Of the old films I don't think they bettered Wrath Of Khan. Don't forget the Star Trek film rule of thumb, folks. Even numbers good, odd numbers bad
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread