+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Gary.

Season 2 of Hannibal.
    great TV.

Sitting on the fence about Guardian's Neil...will get myself over to see it.
    Agreed with you on Godzilla btw.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Season 2 of Hannibal.
    great TV.

Sitting on the fence about Guardian's Neil...will get myself over to see it.
    Agreed with you on Godzilla btw.
    Go see it Gary, its a lot of fun the time flies by and when its over you want more - well I did.

Yes could have been so much more - shame.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

My movie tonight is Val Guest's 1961 end of the world thriller, The Day The Earth Caught Fire starring Leo Mckearn, Ed Judd and Janet Monro as the sex interest sorry...shame overload!!
    The theme is the aftermath of the US and Russia both detonating nuclear devices at same time knocking the earth off its axis.....Damn fine film.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

So Man has sown the wind - and reaped the whirlwind. Perhaps in the next few hours, there will be no remembrance of the past, and no hope for the future that might have been. All the works of Man will be consumed in the great fire out of which he was created. But perhaps at the heart of the burning light into which he has thrust his world, there is a heart that cares more for him, than he has ever cared for himself. And if there is a future for Man - insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power - let him resolve to live it lovingly; for he knows well how to do so. Then he may say once more: Truly the light is sweet; and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the Sun.

they got their diseases wrong and I saw a glimpse of a very young Michael Caine I think. other than that its a super film and shows what this country could do without the advantages the US film industry has.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Loved that film.
    Had a "spark" that formulaic American fodder at the time didn't have...the buzz of Fleet street, interaction between the (obviously) strong actors....
    ...and Leo McKearn.

First time I saw it as a kid I had just realised how smart "The Prisoner" was and this was the same Actor that was in it.
    That got me involved, but even then, I got the message the film was trying to convey and I felt really smart lol.
    Oh to be a kid again with that open mind...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Just watched the latest incarnation of Carrie (2013), with Julianne Moore and I have to say I really enjoyed it
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Loved that film.
    Had a "spark" that formulaic American fodder at the time didn't have...the buzz of Fleet street, interaction between the (obviously) strong actors....
    ...and Leo McKearn.

First time I saw it as a kid I had just realised how smart "The Prisoner" was and this was the same Actor that was in it.
    That got me involved, but even then, I got the message the film was trying to convey and I felt really smart lol.
    Oh to be a kid again with that open mind...

But you are really smart Gary
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    But you are really smart Gary
    Cheque's in the post Grant

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    My movie tonight is Val Guest's 1961 end of the world thriller, The Day The Earth Caught Fire starring Leo Mckearn, Ed Judd and Janet Monro as the sex interest sorry...shame overload!!
    The theme is the aftermath of the US and Russia both detonating nuclear devices at same time knocking the earth off its axis.....Damn fine film.
    Agreed a classic

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Tonight's movie is Sydney Pollack's 1972 western drama, Jeremiah Johnston starring Robert Redford.....probably his best role, even if it is little known these days. I cannot remember the last time it was on tv. Pity too as it is what all good films should be. Beautiful scenery and camera work along with fabulous script and acting to rival any Oscar winner. Alas it was not even nominated.

His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows whereabouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread