+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 621121521601611621631641722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Just watched that recently it still stands up. No horror film setting is scarier than the London Underground.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

too true Martin.. did you notice the Sony reel to reel video player sitting on the desk. remember them from the 60's...Sony's first vcr.lol ... good film and worth watching for Babs alone.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Well, since we've be a talkin' sifi, tonights feature will be Hammer's 1967 version of Quatermass and the Pit starring Andrew Keir and the delectable Barbara Shelley. sifi in 60's did not get much better than this, even though the effects are pretty crumby, it is a very atmospheric film still.
    Fantastic film, the end with the credits rolling over a destroyed London and the main protagonists shattered and drained after surviving is a moving and haunting ending and one of the best of its type imho. I think the effects still work even now.

The BBC original TV serial is worth watching as well.

Yes I agree re Barbara Shelley, lovely.

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Red Cliff - awesome Chinese epic.

On Channel 4 now.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Tonight's movie is the Homer Odyssey O Brother Where Art Thou? starring George Clooney(without Coffee but with Pomade) Released in the millenium year, and as successful as it was, the soundtrack outstripped it by selling over 5 million copies(mine included). Clooney practised singing religiously for the Soggy Bottom Boys but his voice was not up to it and Dan Tyminski did the voice over for the song.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Great film, its Bona fide!

I'm Grant.

I'm George Nelson; I'm gonna go off like a Roman candle Thoroughly enjoyed as per.....one of my all time favourites...I've got the film *2, the soundtrack and the concert down from the mountain.

Clooney had a relative from the Kentucky area, and sent him tapes of him saying his lines to see if the accent was right. the guy would send them back with comments but all the bad language had been deleted...lol ...bible belt
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

One of the Coen brothers better films. I too have the soundtrack as a separate CD.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

The down from the mountain concert is fabulous; well worth the watching if you like this kinda music.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fantastic film

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread