+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826661165161016 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Planet Earth was the first Bluray I bought
    My first DVD was Stargate, it came with the Pioneer DV-505 player. That's a while ago now, but still a good film.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    My first DVD was Stargate, it came with the Pioneer DV-505 player. That's a while ago now, but still a good film.
    Gosh, can't remember what my first DVD would have been - would probably be one of a few, possibly Fight Club or The Matrix as I got my first DVD player (the venerable Wharfedale DVD750) in early 2000. (That machine certainly convinced me I will never not have a standalone CD player!) Stargate is a great film, though - 1994!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Gosh, can't remember what my first DVD would have been
    No idea myself either I know what my first blu ray was though as i won it on fleabay before i even bought a BD player

Danny Boyles' Sunshine
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Adam.

My first blu-ray was Terminator Salvation, its an ok film but great graphics and sound, a stunner IMO among the high def stuff.

I cant remember what my first DVD was, i may not even own it any more as i sell the ones i don't watch.

My last DVD i bought was Sorcerers Apprentice, love the film loads.

The last blu-ray i had was Lord of the Rings trilogy, seen them on DVD, BD versions are a bit better but not mind blowing, shame really as there good films, although i probably won't watch them again lol, ebay i think for those.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm Will.

Blue Planet was my first DVD I think...

P.S. The first 2 Pacific episodes were very good, however I doubt it was sponsored by Honda...

Very good picture and sound quality too Gave the sub a real workout

Just hope those idiots at 'LoveFilm' send me the rest in the correct order, sometime this year would be nice too.
    Last edited by WAD62; 11-02-2011 at 15:58.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Steve.

'The Shining' was my first ever DVD. What I didn't realise at the time was that it was the shorter European cut, and the longer US cut was only available on (what was then) an expensive import. As a disgruntled punter I refused to pay any more even when the imports became a lot cheaper. Fortunately Sky recently aired the full version as an 'extended edition'.

Did see the Blu-ray at a friends and something weird was going on with the colours, things that should have been yellow appeared to be pinkish. Checked online and quite a lot of people had complained about this, though no-one seemed to know why it had happened.
    “We can all come together in our mutual incomprehension of what I'm doing here.” Alan Moore

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Bears, great documentary, fine picture

Strangely i don't even mind the music
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The City of Lost Children
    Directed by Marc Caro, Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Starring Ron Perlman, Dominique Pinon, Jean-Claude Dreyfus. 1994.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I have been watching...

Lemmy - the new rockumentary about, well, Lemmy. Worth it if you have any interest in the man and his music, also the sound quality is outstanding.

Mr Nice - about Howard Marks, the Oxford-educated international drug dealer. Not as entertaining as I hoped it would be, but still worth a watch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Just sat down for a relaxing evening and put on one of my fav classic films, Smokey and the Bandit, very good film.

Not a bad transfer to DVD, less on screen noise than when watching on TV.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

+ Reply to Thread