+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 541041441521531541551561642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Yes indeed, I have all five seasons... watched the first three episodes last week. Its just about the only series where strange looking aliens don't just look stupid. Don't know how they managed it as some of them are pretty daft looking really!! Good acting I thought.
    I know what you mean, probably because they are for the most part 3 d well fleshed out characters, with interesting cultures, history and quality actors playing the parts.

When Sleeping in Light had finished its first showing I was emotionally drained as that was the end, never before or since have I been so emotional drained over the end of a TV series.

Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix.
    Great show, kind of a True Blood vibe about it, but more serious.

Also, will be watching futuristic cop show called Almost Human. Starring Karl Urban of Trek, Dredd and a million other cool things, has almost a Robocop/Blade Runner vibe to it.

Pilot was excellent, have more episodes to watch.

Its starting on "Watch" tonight 9PM (Virgin 124, Sky 109)
    Catch it if you can, great show.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 06-05-2014 at 19:58.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Also, will be watching futuristic cop show called Almost Human. Starring Karl Urban of Trek, Dredd and a million other cool things, has almost a Robocop/Blade Runner vibe to it.

Pilot was excellent, have more episodes to watch.

Its starting on "Watch" tonight 9PM (Virgin 124, Sky 109)
    Catch it if you can, great show.
    Thanks for the heads up Gary, enjoyed that (Mackenzie Crook gets about a bit doesn't he!)

I'm Martin.

Docu about Lindsay Lohan on TLC channel.

Sweet...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Lindsay has a 'Sober Coach' - WTF?

No wonder the poor girl is so screwed up. And she can't leave her hotel because of the paparazzi. She should come and stay here the paps would be too scared to leave their hotel. Not that there are any hotels round here...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andr'e.

Gandidni Juggling

I'm Neil.

Godzilla 2014 - epic fail

Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Knowing your a big fan of the genre Neil and without going into spoilers (seeing it tomorrow), what went wrong?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Knowing your a big fan of the genre Neil and without going into spoilers (seeing it tomorrow), what went wrong?
    No Godzilla - oh he is in it just not much and the battles between the monsters are poor. Don't get me wrong the effects are good, Godzilla is himself (not that Roland Emmerich rubbish, that Toho Studios now call Zilla and killed off in Final Wars) looks great very much like the more recent Toho version but there just isn't enough, not enough battling, not enough destruction and the new creatures look like the Cloverfield monster.

Just poor in my opinion and as for the humans who cares, no connection with them at all.

This could have been great but it misses the mark big time in my view and the holes in the plot are massive.

Regards Neil

MartinT Guest

Effects-led films just leave me cold. If the story and acting aren't strong, I just don't care.

Compare Cloud Atlas with, say, Battleship (an extreme example, I know).

One was a superb piece of cinema, thought provoking and with lasting images that haunt and demand watching two or three times more. The other was an utter piece of crap which should have had no more than £25 spent on it.

+ Reply to Thread