+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 38881281361371381391401481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post

Looks like Quentin Tarantino is back at his best
    Forgot to mention. A brilliant film... One of if not the best so far this year
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Saw this on TV the other day so got the DVD out and am watching it
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

synsei Guest

IMDb

I watched this last night on BBC iPlayer and found it to be absolutely riveting. It is a dramatised account of the public spat between renowned CBS news journo Edward R. Murrow and Senator Joe McCarthy over his handling of the Army-McCarthy hearings conducted by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of which he was the chairman. It is a classy production, written and directed by George Clooney and shot in black & white which really adds mood to the proceedings. 10/10 from me...
    Last edited by synsei; 14-08-2013 at 19:03.

I'm Graham.

Finished Homeland series 2 last night - not too shabby at all

I have also just ordered The Girl who played with fire and the girl who kicked the hornets nest - I enjoyed the book so now time to watch the films (have already seen the girl with the dragon tattoo

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpton_Rioter View Post
    I have also just ordered The Girl who played with fire and the girl who kicked the hornets nest - I enjoyed the book so now time to watch the films (have already seen the girl with the dragon tattoo
    Both worth watching IMO if not quite as spectacular as the first ...

Downloaded 'The American' with George Clooney last night on the Apple TV.

Really enjoyed it. A slow, thoughtful, 'European' style film with some gorgeous photography of the Italian countryside.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Downloaded 'The American' with George Clooney last night on the Apple TV.
    Shows how everyone differs Julian. I personally thought that The American was an appalling movie... so slow and to me with a limited story line...

I'm Julian.

I'd certainly agree with you about the limited story line Paul, but I didn't question it whilst I watched it - I was quite engrossed with the mood and atmosphere created by the characters and surroundings.
    It did feel a little 'hollow' afterwards when you reflect on the film - it doesn't have any great meaning of course, but the pacing and style were right up my street ...

I'm Paul.

I'd certainly agree with you about the limited story line Paul, but I didn't question it whilst I watched it - I was quite engrossed with the mood and atmosphere created by the characters and surroundings.
    It did feel a little 'hollow' afterwards when you reflect on the film - it doesn't have any great meaning of course, but the pacing and style were right up my street ...
    Like everything I guess Julian, if you're in the right frame of mind etc...

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Forgot to mention. A brilliant film... One of if not the best so far this year
    You've got me at it now!

I found this film very hard to watch. Tarantino's stylised violence works for me in fantasy films like 'Kill Bill' but I found it very difficult to stomach here in something with more 'historical' roots ...
    Great performances though and loved the cameo roles ...

I'm Paul.

You've got me at it now!

I found this film very hard to watch. Tarantino's stylised violence works for me in fantasy films like 'Kill Bill' but I found it very difficult to stomach here in something with more 'historical' roots ...
    Great performances though and loved the cameo roles ...

I know exactly what you mean... it was a lot 'harder' film than some of his other films but I think that is what made it so special, ie, the fact he was able to bring alive a subject of that nature... Also agree reference the cameo's.. Samuel L Jackson was superb, to me he's got to be one of the best American actors of his generation!

+ Reply to Thread