+ Reply to Thread
Page 1367 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 36786712671317135713651366136713681369137714171467 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,670 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It was the 1970 version with the rather cute Jenny Agutter.
    ah yes as Bobbie. she was also in the remake as the mother.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A New Leaf, 1971... bluray reg a

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, 1976.. bluray reg a

Vincent Canby of The New York Times called the film "nothing less than the most exhilarating entertainment of the film year to date." Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune gave the film four stars out of four and called it "the classiest motion picture of the holiday season" and "a rare combination of money and brains."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Watson, i'll trouble you for the service revolver...

CLASSIC LINE IN THIS VERY GOOD VERSION OF A HOLMES FILM..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The League of Gentlemen (1960).. bluray.

Jack Hawkins was ill with cancer during filming. Shooting was shut down for several days. A chain smoker, underwent cobalt treatment after filming ended for what was described as a "secondary condition of the larynx".

The Army raid was inspired partly by a real I.R.A. raid when I.R.A. members impersonated officers and stole weapons from a barracks.

"Neatly written and expertly played," wrote
    The New York Times in its 1961 review, "a devilishly inventive and amusing screen play by Mr. Forbes...directed crisply and spinningly by Basil Dearden"; while more recently The Daily Telegraph called it "a masterpiece of British cinema"; Dennis Schwartz noted "a fine example of old-fashioned English humor: droll and civil"; and Time Out, "A terrific caper movie...with typically excellent character playing from a lovable set of old lags."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder on the Orient Express, 2017... 4k bluray

The Fragilite cake scene, the exchange between Hercule Poirot and Edward Ratchett, was filmed over a day and a half. In addition to improvisation, the scene also required numerous bites of cake. According to Sir Kenneth Branagh, Johnny Depp "is absolutely unafraid of a world most actors live in fear of, which is eating on-screen."

Johnny Depp asked director Branagh to apologize to Derek Jacobi on his behalf after filming their scene together "because I had to shout at him, I don't want to shout at Derek Jacobi."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nowhere near as good as the 1974 version with Albert Finney as Poirot. Also it departs significantly from the book.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nowhere near as good as the 1974 version with Albert Finney as Poirot. Also it departs significantly from the book.
    i wouldn't go that far, although i know you dislike it... its a different take, and often these things do stray. but its a really well made film for me.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A a hard-luck drama from Barbara Loden which she wrote, directed, and starred in; Wanda, 1970.. has a cinéma vérité style. Loden rejected Hollywood style, wanting to only present the world "as it actually is". She worked mainly with non-professional actors, which resulted in the film's original script being loosely referenced. The film was made with a skeleton crew of only four people. These two factors led to the film's improvisational style. The visuals in the film were inspired by several Andy Warhol films.
    Kazan(whom she was married to) compared Loden's acting technique to Marlon Brando: "There was always an element of improvisation, a surprise, in what she was doing. The only one, as far as I know, who was like that is Brando when he was young. He never knew exactly what he was going to say, therefore everything would come out of his mouth very alive."

A film that is or was very difficult to see is now available on the Criterion bluray label.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread