+ Reply to Thread
Page 1361 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 36186112611311135113591360136113621363137114111461 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,610 of 14859

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

now the 4k player is worky again, john carpenter's ... The Fog...

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Some Like It Hot, 1959... 4k bluray.

The basic characteristics of the 4K restoration remain just as impressive as they were in 1080p, but in native 4K new crucial nuances emerge that give the film an even lusher appearance.

Years after the film's release, a movie reviewer asked Tony Curtis why his "Josephine" was so much more feminine than Jack Lemmon's "Daphne." Curtis explained he was so scared to be playing a woman (or a man pretending to be one) that his tightly wound body language could be read as demure and shy, traditionally feminine traits, whereas Lemmon, who was completely unbothered, and "ran out of his dressing room screaming like the Queen of the May," kept much more of his masculine body language.

Upon its original release, Kansas banned the film from being shown in the state, explaining that cross-dressing was "too disturbing for Kansans."
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Prime Cut, 1972....A vicious Kansas City slaughterhouse owner and his hick family are having a bloody "beef" with the Chicago crime syndicate over profits from their joint illegal operations. Top enforcer Nick Devlin is sent to straighten things out.

Lee Marvin had a serious feud with director Michael Ritchie, because Ritchie wanted him to have love scenes with the too young actress Sissy Spacek(22 to 48). Marvin hated Ritchie for this lack of respect for Spacek. It was Sissy Spacek's feature film debut.

Gene Hackman accepted the secondary role of "Mary Ann" because it was his first offer of work after being unemployed for nearly six months since the end of filming on The French Connection (1971).

The submachine gun used by Nick Devlin in the last part of the film is the now rare Smith & Wesson model 76, a near copy of the Swedish M/45. It was produced in very small numbers in the late 1960s, and it was eventually discontinued due to lack of interest in such a weapon by military and law enforcement agencies. In US service, it was largely known as the "Swedish-K" or "K-Rifle. It was used by US special services (like Navy SEALS and CIA operatives) during the Vietnam War.
    Good film - I've seen it a few times.
    Barry

School for Scoundrels (1960)

The replacement car for the Swiftmobile, Reg PJB 828 is most probably the big Austin Healey 3000 launched just a couple of years earlier. Despite being first registered in 1958 it wasn't registered on uk roads until 1989 and was last on the roads in 2012, apparently it's red now but hard to tell if that's the original colour in B&W. The vehicle is currently off-road declared SORN by some lucky owner. Reminiscent of MG in style the Austin body was in fact built by Jensen and typically paired with a 125-150 hp engine unit - heady stuff for the 1950's hence why the 3000 was a regular race winner easily capable of over 100mph. Still popular today at anything from £20-£90k, but £50,000 can secure a fully refurbished as new example - a far cry from the original £825 (inc front discs but not optional heater or radio) + a huge £350 tax!

The 'Bellini' sports car driven by Terry-Thomas in the film, is in reality the actual Aston Martin DB3S which was once driven by Sterling Moss in the Mila Migilia and has been valued recently at £7 million.
    I was disappointed with the film - especially the denoument.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    good film that. one i don't have.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

War for the Planet of the Apes, 2017.. 4k bluray..

When Maurice speaks to the human child with her new name "Nova... No-va," the dialogue is the actual voice of Charlton Heston speaking the same words to Linda Harrison in Planet of the Apes (1968). The voice has been electronically altered, but is still clearly recognizable.

As with Rise and Dawn, the visual effects for War were created by Weta Digital; the apes were created with a mixture of motion-capture and CGI key-frame animation, as they were performed in motion-capture technology and animated in CGI.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

good film that. one i don't have.
    Seen it a couple of times. Thought it was OK, but didn't want to add it to my DVD collection .

Tried to watch 'Inland Empire' again yesterday and gave up again, wasn't in the right mood to torture myself!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Seen it a couple of times. Thought it was OK, but didn't want to add it to my DVD collection .

Tried to watch 'Inland Empire' again yesterday and gave up again, wasn't in the right mood to torture myself!
    a very difficult film to penetrate.. there is a new bluray coming out next month and ive a pre order on it lol.. for my arty collection
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Predestination, 2014... bluray..

The picture of the Crosby Shoes building in the beginning of the movie is actually a picture of the exploded reactor number 4 from Chernobyl Power Plant which exploded on 26 April 1986.

When the barkeep sits down at the typewriter for the first time, there is a copy of "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein next to the typewriter. Heinlein is the author of the short story "All You Zombies" on which the movie is based. Many lines of dialogue in the film are copied faithfully from Robert A. Heinlein's source story
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread