+ Reply to Thread
Page 1359 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 35985912591309134913571358135913601361136914091459 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,590 of 14869

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

a cheer me up film today..... Throw Momma from the Train, 1987..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007..

now

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 2011..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

finish off the pirates series with no 5... Salazar's Revenge, 2017..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I'm Grant.

Duke Wayne again in... The Searchers, 1956.. Possibly his most celebrated role as Ethan Edwards..

The film was a critical and commercial success. Since its release, it has come to be considered a masterpiece and one of the greatest and most influential films ever made. It was named the greatest American Western by the American Film Institute in 2008, and it placed 12th on the same organization's 2007 list of the 100 greatest American movies of all time.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Wayne again in.... True Grit, 1969, for which he won his only Oscar...

Breaking the legend, Stunt double Jim Burk performed the entire scene where Rooster Cogburn charged Ned Pepper's gang on horseback. John Wayne was only seen briefly in close-up, and he was riding on a trailer, not a horse.

The character of Rooster Cogburn was supposed to be around 40. John Wayne was 61 when the film was made. Jeff Bridges was 60 when he played Rooster Cogburn in the remake, True Grit (2010). The character of Mattie was supposed to be 14. Kim Darby was 21 when the film was made in late 1968, and had already given birth to her first child.

In this and other John Wayne westerns, he wears his gun low and to the rear. He also carries one long bullet in the center back of his ammunition belt.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I'm All Right Jack, 1959...

Film critic and Peter Sellers biographer Alexander Walker was invited to the set by John Boulting one day. Walker looked to see where Peter Sellers was and Boulting said he was right next to the critic. Walker was stunned.

Ian Carmichael was one of several people who witnessed the mini silent films made by Peter Sellers on the set of this movie.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Man in the White Suit, 1951.

The fictional synthetic fiber in the film is made from a "long-chain molecule...of infinite length". Nothing like that existed in 1951, but similar synthetic polymers are now a reality. In 1968 the unusual properties of "Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene", or UHMWPE, were first discovered. These are extremely long-chain molecules comprised of millions of individual atoms. UHMWPE wasn't commercialized until the 1990s and it's available now under the brand names Dyneema and Spectra. Variations of these molecules are used in protective armor, cut-resistant gloves, tear-resistant hosiery, bow strings, automotive winching rope, fishing line, high-performance sails, and in climbing cord and webbing. While modern materials don't have all the properties of the fictional fiber depicted in this film it has become much closer to reality.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

School for Scoundrels (1960)

The replacement car for the Swiftmobile, Reg PJB 828 is most probably the big Austin Healey 3000 launched just a couple of years earlier. Despite being first registered in 1958 it wasn't registered on uk roads until 1989 and was last on the roads in 2012, apparently it's red now but hard to tell if that's the original colour in B&W. The vehicle is currently off-road declared SORN by some lucky owner. Reminiscent of MG in style the Austin body was in fact built by Jensen and typically paired with a 125-150 hp engine unit - heady stuff for the 1950's hence why the 3000 was a regular race winner easily capable of over 100mph. Still popular today at anything from £20-£90k, but £50,000 can secure a fully refurbished as new example - a far cry from the original £825 (inc front discs but not optional heater or radio) + a huge £350 tax!

The 'Bellini' sports car driven by Terry-Thomas in the film, is in reality the actual Aston Martin DB3S which was once driven by Sterling Moss in the Mila Migilia and has been valued recently at £7 million.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread