+ Reply to Thread
Page 1325 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 32582512251275131513231324132513261327133513751425 ... LastLast
Results 13,241 to 13,250 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Excellent film! The whole plot turns on its head when one hears the change of intonation and stress of the words: "He'd kill us if he could."

I have watched the film so many times, trying to work out how Harry Caul's flat is bugged. Even he can't find the bugging device(s). One suggestion is that it is contained in his saxophone lanyard - but I find that hard to believe.

In my opinion it is a much better film than 'Enemy of the State'.

(Point of information: surveillance operatives (such as those who bugged the Watergate Hotel) are now referred to as "plumbers", after the 1974 film,)
    i feel now there was no bug, it was just his imagination or his brain going due to type of person he was etc. its a different film of course..eos is more mainstream and flashy, but well enough done. due to lak of having such abilities, these older films often have the advantage of needing a better script and better acting.

the other possible was it was to do with the phone gadget his compeditor was showing at the show
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 2011...

I know the critics hated it, but...

I'm Sandy.

OK, I can't do the big pictures...

The Banshees of Inisherin. Fekkin outstanding.

here ya go sandy

Last edited by struth; 06-03-2023 at 08:14.

I'm Grant.

Heist (2015)

Filmed in and around Mobile, Alabama.

The second heist film starring Robert De Niro and being directed by someone with the last name Mann, the first being Heat (1995).
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Alive (1993)

the book is much better but its still watchable...

The real Nando Parrado (Ethan Hawke's character) was technical advisor to the film.

Nando Parrado's determination to escape was driven by the thought of his father, Seler Parrado, suffering back in Montevideo. He could not bear the thought of his father grieving for his wife, daughter and son, when the son was still alive. In the movie, when Nando and Canessa reach the top of a peak and see only more mountains, Canessa despairs and is convinced they will die in the Andes. In real life, Nando instead named the mountain Mt. Seler, after his father, and drew on his absolute determination to see him again to keep going. As one of the 16 survivors, he said if he was to die, he was going to "die walking."

Director Frank Marshall auditioned novice actor Brad Pitt for the Roberto Canessa part, but Pitt's reading was poor, and the part went to Josh Hamilton instead.
    Last edited by struth; 06-03-2023 at 15:15.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Alive (1993)

the book is much better but its still watchable...

The real Nando Parrado (Ethan Hawke's character) was technical advisor to the film.

Nando Parrado's determination to escape was driven by the thought of his father, Seler Parrado, suffering back in Montevideo. He could not bear the thought of his father grieving for his wife, daughter and son, when the son was still alive. In the movie, when Nando and Canessa reach the top of a peak and see only more mountains, Canessa despairs and is convinced they will die in the Andes. In real life, Nando instead named the mountain Mt. Seler, after his father, and drew on his absolute determination to see him again to keep going. As one of the 16 survivors, he said if he was to die, he was going to "die walking."

Director Frank Marshall auditioned novice actor Brad Pitt for the Roberto Canessa part, but Pitt's reading was poor, and the part went to Josh Hamilton instead.
    'Pass me another chunk of co-pilot.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Pass me another chunk of co-pilot.'
    Lol..the Simpsons again..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

From way back - when it was funny.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread