+ Reply to Thread
Page 1321 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113191320132113221323133113711421 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

well that was a strange but excellent experience... impressed and needs rewatching a few times i think..

NOW ... Silver Streak, 1976..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Waterloo Road, 1945...Directed by Sidney Gilliat and starring John Mills, Stewart Granger, and Alastair Sim.

It is the third in an "unofficial war trilogy" by Gilliat, preceded by Millions Like Us (1943) and Two Thousand Women (1944).

Set in 40/41, this film is about soldier, Jim Colter (Mills), who goes AWOL to return to his home in south London to save his wife from the advances of Ted Purvis (Granger), a philandering conscription-dodger.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Apartment (1960)

For this film, Billy Wilder became the first person to win the Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay.

Jack Lemmon said he learned much about filmmaking from Billy Wilder, particularly the director's use of "hooks," bits of business the audience remembers long after they've forgotten other aspects of the movie. One such hook was the passing of the key to Baxter's apartment. Lemmon said for years after the picture's release, people would come up to him and say, "Hey, Jack, can I have the key?"
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

earlier--- A New Leaf...

now.... Casablanca (1942)

The film had six quotes on the American Film Institute's list of top movie quotes, more than any other movie on the list. The quotes with their ranks are: (5) Here's looking at you, kid. (20) Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (28) Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.' (32) Round up the usual suspects. (43) We'll always have Paris; and (67) Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Gone with the Wind (1939) and The Wizard of Oz (1939) came in tied for second place, with three quotes apiece (including the #1 quote for Gone With the Wind).

Ingrid Bergman's contract was owned by producer David O. Selznick, and producer Hal B. Wallis sent the film's writers, Philip G. Epstein and Julius J. Epstein, to persuade Selznick to loan her to Warner Bros. for the picture. After 20 minutes of describing the plot to Selznick, Julius gave up and said, "Oh, what the hell! It's a lot of shit like Algiers (1938)!" Selznick nodded and agreed to the loan. O. Selznick, had also heard rumors that Sweden might become an ally of Germany, he was afraid that her career might be in danger because she was Swedish. It was likely he decided to loan her out and make some money before her image might get tainted.
    Last edited by struth; 28-02-2023 at 18:17.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

The iconic five-note melody was a chance arrangement that both composer John Williams and director Steven Spielberg happened to like out of hundreds of different permutations. The tone was later used in Moonraker (1979) and again in the cue line in Star Tours (1987).

Richard Dreyfuss had become quite interested in the ideas behind Close Encounters of the Third Kind when he heard Steven Spielberg talking about them on the set of Jaws (1975). When Dreyfuss heard that casting for the film was underway, he made a concerted effort to persuade Spielberg to take him on.

Steven Spielberg ran a few tests of computer generated imagery (CGI), now the industry standard, but then in its very first stages of development. He decided none of it looked believable.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Arrival (1996)

The signal detected is similar to the The Wow! signal, a strong narrowband radio signal received on August 15, 1977, by Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope. Though that was 72 seconds instead of 42.

Even though this movie failed at the domestic box office (partially because the highly advertised Independence Day (1996) would come out one month later), it fared much better abroad, where Charlie Sheen still enjoyed quite some popularity. A direct-to-video sequel called The Second Arrival (1998) was released in 1998, directed by Kevin Tenney, starring Patrick Muldoon as the brother of Sheen's character in this movie. David Twohy, director and writer of the first Arrival, was given no credit for the sequel.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

third si-fi in row with Cowboys & Aliens, ...2011...

good cast and a decent watch..and Olivia Wilde is in it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hotel Transylvania, 2012...

great fun for young and old
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread