+ Reply to Thread
Page 1318 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 31881812181268130813161317131813191320132813681418 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Joe Versus the Volcano, 1990...

The cab seen taking Joe's steamer trunks to the sailboat belongs to Neil Abercrombie, who at the time was a Congressman from Hawaii. Abercrombie drives a refurbished plantation-era taxi. The graphic on the side of cab is Abercrombie, a small nod to the residents of Hawaii, where some of the movie was filmed.

The only major issue that executive producer Steven Spielberg took with the production, was with the long unbroken take of Joe leaving Dr. Ellison's office building. The issue was that John Patrick Shanley did not shoot any coverage of the scene besides the one shot. Spielberg sent Shanley back to the location to film additional angles, which were promptly discarded in favor of the one-shot take.(even Spielberg gets it wrong sometimes)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

On Film 4 earlier this afternoon:

'Addams Family Values'

Barry

I'm Grant.

Back to the Future Part III, 1990..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Cheyenne Autumn (1964) ...

Little Wolf was a chief of the Cheyenne tribe in 1878. He and another chief led the Cheyenne off their Oklahoma reservation and took them back to their homeland in Montana, despite hundreds of US cavalry troops trying to stop them. This was called the "Cheyenne Autumn Trail" and is the basis for this film.

The "Cheyenne" in the film are actually Navajo, and they are speaking in the Navajo language (mostly telling each other dirty jokes).

The striped neckerchiefs shown are historically correct. Cavalry colors are yellow, artillery are red, infantry are light blue, medical corps are burgundy.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dad's Army, 1971... tv movie..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dial M for Murder, 1954...

John Williams won the 1953 Tony Award (Broadway) for Best Featured Actor in a Play for "Dial M for Murder" as Inspector Hubbard. He re-created the role in this movie.

Warner Bros. insisted on shooting the movie in 3-D, although the craze was fading and Sir Alfred Hitchcock was sure the movie would be released flat. Hitchcock wanted the first shot to be that of a close-up of a finger dialing the letter M on a rotary dial telephone, but the 3-D camera would not be able to focus such a close-up correctly. Hitchcock ordered a giant finger made from wood with a proportionally large dial built in order to achieve the effect.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

how anyone could plan to kill gracie funny but he always gets foiled at the end

Big Fish, 2003....

Ewan McGregor was cast as Young Ed Bloom when producers noticed the striking similarity between him and pictures of a young Albert Finney, who plays Senior Ed Bloom.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder at the Gallop, 1963..

Like Murder Most Foul (1964), this movie was adapted from an Hercule Poirot novel ( "After the Funeral"), not a Miss Jane Marple novel.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder Most Foul, 1964..

Murder at the Gallop (1963), this movie was adapted from an Hercule Poirot novel, the 1952 book "Mrs. McGinty's Dead".

Miss Jane Marple's audition piece for the Cosgood Players is her dramatic rendering of "The Shooting of Dan McGrew", a 1907 poem by Robert W. Service. Dame Margaret Rutherford was especially fond of the piece and reportedly once intended to give a reading of it at a women's prison to cheer up the inmates.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread