+ Reply to Thread
Page 1309 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 30980912091259129913071308130913101311131913591409 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,090 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Up Pompeii, 1971...film of series..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery, 1966.. Frankie Howerd again in this 'not as great as usual'. st t's comedy.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Planet of the Apes, 1968..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

ad for the film?? lol

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The African Queen, 1951... Directed by John Huston and Cinematography by the great Jack Cardiff.

"The African Queen" sank and had to be raised twice during filming of the movie.
    Lauren Bacall is quoted as saying, "The natives had been told to watch it and they did. They watched it sink."

According to Katharine Hepburn's autobiography, John Huston initially found her performance too rigid. One day, he visited her hut and suggested that she model her performance on Eleanor Roosevelt, saying that Mrs. Roosevelt was not a comely woman by any means but whenever she was in public she carried herself well and had a beaming smile. She made do extremely well with what she had. After Huston left, Hepburn sat for a moment before deciding, "That is the best piece of direction I have ever heard."

In 2007, the American Film Institute ranked this as the #65 Greatest Movie of All Time.

Was Oscar-nominated for Best Actor (
    Humphrey Bogart - who won), Best Actress (Katharine Hepburn), Best Director (John Huston) and Best Screenplay, but oddly not Best Picture.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    One of my favourite films.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    One of my favourite films.
    yes a very good film...

Shout at the Devil, 1976...

The book(Wilbur Smith) on which the film is based is vaguely based on real events, but takes significant artistic licence with historical facts. The main story is loosely based on events concerning the light cruiser SMS Königsberg, which was sunk after taking refuge in Rufiji Delta in 1915.[3] Ivory hunter P J Pretorius had gone aboard Königsberg disguised as a native to pace out the ranges for the Royal Navy's guns.[2][7]
    In the film the German ship is named Blücher; there was a vessel of this name, but it did not serve in Africa. The actual SMS Blücher was an armoured cruiser which sank during the Battle of Dogger Bank. The film implies that Portugal became a co-belligerent with Britain against Germany when the First World War erupted in August 1914, as the Portuguese supply O'Flynn and Oldsmith with a marked Portuguese plane and a Portuguese pilot to conduct surveillance in German territory. In reality, the Portuguese would not have permitted this, as they remained neutral until 1916.
    Although the motives for killing Fleischer are personal, Sebastian Oldsmith is, in fact, the only major character who is a citizen of a nation actually at war with Germany.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975...

Funds earned by Pink Floyd's album "The Dark Side of the Moon" went towards funding this movie. The band were such fans of the show, they would halt recording sessions just to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969).

The famous depiction of galloping horses by using coconut shells (a traditional radio-show sound effect) came about from the purely practical reason that the production simply could not afford real horses.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Letter to Three Wives, 1949...

The film won the Academy Award for Best Director and the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and was nominated for Best Picture.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread