+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 30801201281291301311321401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

In fairness Scotty is the man who protests that he cannot change the laws of physics whilst simultaneously travelling around the galaxy in a space craft that can go many times faster than the speed of light...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

MartinT Guest

Them laws aren't our laws

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    In fairness Scotty is the man who protests that he cannot change the laws of physics whilst simultaneously travelling around the galaxy in a space craft that can go many times faster than the speed of light...
    but not in normal space, only in hyper space lol

Its a plot device that stops stories and films etc running in real time lol if it was real and the speed of light was as fast as ships could go well 8 years there and back to our closest star. So any further would require hibernation devices, or generation ships. Startrek is sci-fantasy not hard science fiction which could become true.

Anyway loved the film and despite a few flaws I think its one of the best Trek films of the lot so far.

Regards Neil

MartinT Guest

It's also well known that the transporter was a plot device to accommodate instant 'arrivals' as the original ST budget didn't go far enough to create ship landings.

I'm Paul.

I watched The Sweeney (Film) today and whilst I know many with you are not fans, I thought it was pretty good.

P.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

BBC1........
    What complete web of lies and deceit woven by the police, coroner, judges and politicians involved in everything following the Hillsborough disaster. I'm so ashamed.
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    BBC1........
    What complete web of lies and deceit woven by the police, coroner, judges and politicians involved in everything following the Hillsborough disaster. I'm so ashamed.
    Yes - it left a bad taste in my mouth as well. 24 years on and we are only now unearthing the truth!

At times, I'm ashamed of my country.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

Watched this today, better than I thought it would be, pretty good film

Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Martin.

The History Boys

Really don't know what to make of this. I have never seen the original 'Play For Today' or the stage version, but I recall the furore that surrounded it at the time. Nothing was remotely realistic or believable about it and graphic sexual dialogue is pretty old hat nowdays. Or was it meant to be some adolescent fantasy along the lines of 'If...' - not really sure.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

That's me finished with computers for the day . . .

Not expecting much from this TBH, but I like the cast.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread