+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 29791191271281291301311391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

No Country For Old Men
    Kept me entertained - worth a watch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No Country For Old Men
    Kept me entertained - worth a watch.
    Agreed - though not, in my opinion, the best of the Coen brothers' works.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agreed - though not, in my opinion, the best of the Coen brothers' works.
    Which do you rate then, Barry? For me it's Big Lebowski and Fargo. Otherwise I can take them or leave them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

The Big Lebowski and Fargo.
    +1, especially TBL, but I really like NCFOM too, Javier Bardem is outstanding in it. But to be honest, I enjoy everything they do.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Which do you rate then, Barry? For me it's Big Lebowski and Fargo. Otherwise I can take them or leave them.
    I've seen them all. Of the Coen brothers' canon, I like 'Raising Arizona', 'Big Lebowski' and of course 'Fargo'.

But I especially like 'O Bother, Where Art Thou?'. Mainly for the word play (as in 'Fargo') and for the music (which I have on CD).
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've seen them all. Of the Coen brothers' canon, I like 'Raising Arizona', 'Big Lebowski' and of course 'Fargo'.

But I especially like 'O Bother, Where Art Thou?'. Mainly for the word play (as in 'Fargo') and for the music (which I have on CD).
    I forgot they did Raising Arizona. Actually I didn't know that No Country.. was a Cohen Brothers film until the closing credits although I suspected it might be a little way into it.

And I agree Bardem is brilliant. Everyone is really good in fact. I like the nineteen -seventy's setting as well.
    Current Lash Up:

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Star Trek - Into Darkness

What can I say, very little without ruining it but what I can say is this is in my opinion a fantastic film, amazing to look at, with excellent action scenes, special effects and brilliant acting particularly from Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch
    Saw it last night (in 2D, of course) and loved it. It has great respect for the characterisations and humour of TOS, good simple storyline, superb action sequences and a top menacing performance from Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan. Pine and Quinto, especially, have truly embraced the original characters and are believable as them, quite a feat.

I'm Jerry.

I saw it last night at the cinema in 3d. Got to say I could do without the 3d which was blurred in places. Some flaws in the story annoyed me. Kirk and the baddy flying through space from Enterprise to the other ship. They had to reach a hatch opened by Scotty. It wasn't an airlock so there would have been explosive decompression of the vast engineering bay.
    But loved the characters who totally understand the original TV series and are fantastic in their own right.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    It wasn't an airlock so there would have been explosive decompression of the vast engineering bay.
    Various ST series have depicted openings to space where a 'force field' keeps the air inside.

I'm Jerry.

I suppose if they can transport when they are on the move they can hold back a room full of air and allow two bodies to fly through the force field.
    Clever these trekkies.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread