+ Reply to Thread
Page 1284 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 28478411841234127412821283128412851286129413341384 ... LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Watched some crappy Bronson film who's name I forget. Then the much better Charlie Varrick starring Walter Matthew, or whatever his name is. Now the Wild ones, what a classic.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Watched some crappy Bronson film who's name I forget. Then the much better Charlie Varrick starring Walter Matthew, or whatever his name is. Now the Wild ones, what a classic.
    'Charlie Varrick' is a great film.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    'Charlie Varrick' is a great film.
    Yeh, dunno why I put off watching it for so long, like any great 70s thriller, it's got a good car chase!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Yeh, dunno why I put off watching it for so long, like any great 70s thriller, it's got a good car chase!
    It's also a bit mean and ruthless, which suits the atmosphere of the story. The casting and acting were spot on too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I hate Xmas so I'm watching this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16utD0RBBYA

I'm Grant.

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, 1969...

The school desks had to be raised so that some of the girls wouldn't look as grown-up as they really were. In fact, one of the girls was a twenty-year-old mother.

Dame
    Maggie Smith and Robert Stephens were married to each other during filming.

The original play was offered to Dame
    Maggie Smith first. Because of movie commitments, she declined and Vanessa Redgrave played Miss Brodie on stage. However, when this movie was being made, the role of Miss Brodie was offered to Redgrave first. This time, she had prior commitments and declined and Dame Maggie Smith took the role, offered her originally, and won an Oscar for playing it. According to director Ronald Neame, Redgrave phoned him saying that she refused to repeat that "proto-Fascist part". Neame claims he was relieved because he didn't want to use her anyway.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread