+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 28781181261271281291301381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Stephen.

Planet Of The Apes.

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape."

Love it! Can't beat ol Chuck Heston. . .
    Last edited by Mr Kipling; 13-04-2013 at 18:52. Reason: Quotaion wasn't quite accurate.

I'm Martin.

Vanishing Point

This was on Film 4 last week very late so I taped it and watched it last night. Not seen it in thirty years, it's much better than I recalled. For those who are not familiar a speed freak (in both senses of the word) named Kowalski has to drive a Dodge Challenger from Denver to San Francisco in 2 days, avoiding the cops and scoring gas and amphetamines where and when he can. Great soundtrack too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

After a cuppa cha Venus In Furs (1969)
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 17-04-2013 at 12:09.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Vanishing Point

This was on Film 4 last week very late so I taped it and watched it last night. Not seen it in thirty years, it's much better than I recalled. For those who are not familiar a speed freak (in both senses of the word) named Kowalski has to drive a Dodge Challenger from Denver to San Francisco in 2 days, avoiding the cops and scoring gas and amphetamines where and when he can. Great soundtrack too.
    Love that film! Primal Scream wrote an album after being inspired by it which I also love, and will now have to play!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

The Impossible

Heart wrenching, moving, hard to watch at times but uplifting too, based on a true story about how events that day affected María Belón's family.

This is a beautifully done, respectful movie about the horror of boxing day 2004 when so many died horribly, swept away. The figure who died is a mind numbing 280000....

The acting is powerful particularly the children involved.

I watched the Blu ray and I am not convinced its much better than the DVD would be.

Worth watching but I would be very surprised if you won't need tissues - I did.

Regards Neil

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

The Impossible

Worth watching but I would be very surprised if you won't need tissues - I did.

Regards Neil
    Me too.
    Gary

Audere est Facere

A thorens TD160 mkii moded turney thing, with a wandy thing nd shure v15 III tracky thing, a quad 99 small up power thing, a quad 99 biggy up power thing, a marantz cd6003 shiny disc spinny thing, a Heathkit tuney thingy two quad 21L boxy vibratey things nd some insulated bendy metal things nd a diy vinyl spinny cleany thing

I'm Neil.

Star Trek - Into Darkness

What can I say, very little without ruining it but what I can say is this is in my opinion a fantastic film, amazing to look at, with excellent action scenes, special effects and brilliant acting particularly from Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch

Well worth going to see, a 9 out of 10

Regards Neil

MartinT Guest

Good - I have it planned for next weekend.

I'm Mike.

Default Tom Petty Runnin down a dream

Watching this for a 2nd time as you cannot take it all in in one sitting
    Surprising story in may ways and well worth the 4 hours.
    A nice guy and not daft.
    If you don't know much ab out the story you are in for a lot of big surprises

I picked it up on BBC4 courtesy of my Tivo.
    May come back to TV, if not you can get the set of DVDs

http://www.mudcrutch.com/index.php?p...n_down_a_dream
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Grant.

shaving ryans privates for the 100th time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread