+ Reply to Thread
Page 1275 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 27577511751225126512731274127512761277128513251375 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,750 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Titfield Thunderbolt, 1953... bluray..

don't make 'em like this no more...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Looper, 2012...

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Villain, 1971...

Changing his clothes and hair-style,
    Joss Ackland burst into producer Alan Ladd Jr.'s London office, hauled him out of his chair and made things quite plain as befitting an East End gangster. "If you don't give me this bleedin' part, I'll break your bloody neck."

On 10 November 1970, on his 45th birthday, Richard Burton took a day off from filming to collect his CBE from Buckingham Palace, accompanied by his older sister Cicely and his wife Elizabeth Taylor.

Joss Ackland, T.P. McKenna, Del Henney, Tony Selby, Colin Welland, James Cossins, Michael Robbins, Godfrey James, Leslie Schofield, and Cheryl Hall would all go on to appear in The Sweeney (1974).

The critical and financial failure of this film ended Richard Burton's viability as a box office star. The character of Vic Dakin was based on Ronald Kray.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Jeremiah Johnson, 1972.. watched it recently but missed a fair chunk so am trying again...another of my favs

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

How the West Was Won, 1962... american frontier epic with an all star cast.. it was narrated by Spencer Tracy, who couldnt be in film due to illness.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hopscotch, 1980...

The Oktoberfest scene at the beginning of the film was not staged. The filmmakers hid eight cameras to prevent people from knowing they were being filmed.

According to the DVD special feature "Introduction by Neame & Garfield", Walter Matthau's agent suggested the film include music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, as this would be pleasing to Matthau. So they made Matthau's character Kendig a lover of Mozart's music. Conductor and arranger Ian Fraser located many pieces of Mozart's music but was at a loss for the scenes where Kendig is typing his book. So they asked Matthau if he could make any suggestions and he obliged by finding some.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Belles of St. Trinian's, 1954..

The conversation between Miss Anderson ( played by Vivien Wood ) and The Sultan of Makyad ( played by Eric Pohlmann ) in the opening scenes about the schooling in England of his daughter Fatima ( played by Lorna Henderson ) establishes that St Trinians is located in Barchester - the fictional English county created by Anthony Trollope in his series of Chronicles of Barchester novels.

In the scenes of panic at the arrival of the "school special" in the village, one scene shows a policeman running into a police station where the noticeboard bears the title "Barchester Constabulary". Further, the police constable mentions the name of the town as being "Little Twyning" when he reports the arrival of the train to the Superintendent on the phone.

This was the debut film of actress Barbara Windsor.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quality film that, you couldn't do something like that these days, the actors now aren't good enough to carry it off.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread