+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 27771171251261271281291371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    F1 is very different Mike. Not knowing MotoGP very well, I can't compare drivers for you.
    Thought Rossi was a byword for MotoGp and other things exciting.
    I imagine parallels between some of the different riders/drivers with Rossi out somewhere else.
    It was odd watching it and realising that this was exciting stuff as Rossi fought his way forward
    The circuit lets the whole spectacle down so I'm hoping for even better to come.
    I used to watch F1 avidly for years but gave up when I reckon it became too boring

Think the real question I'm asking is there a F1 driver with a huge talent and real character. James Hunt is possibly the closest I get. Jimmy Clark comes to mind but I didn't know him well enough. He may well have been supremely talented and quiet
    Last edited by MikeMusic; 08-04-2013 at 12:39. Reason: additonal
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

I have heard of Rossi! Yes, of course: Hamilton, Raikonnen and possibly Webber fit that category. Alonso is an all-round great. Vettel is the spoiled brat we all love to hate - gifted the best car in F1. The one thing F1 is not is boring!

I'm Mike.

I have heard of Rossi! Yes, of course: Hamilton, Raikonnen and possibly Webber fit that category. Alonso is an all-round great. Vettel is the spoiled brat we all love to hate - gifted the best car in F1. The one thing F1 is not is boring!
    My guess is that Rossi stands alone with the talent to gain 9 world titles, so Schumacher esque but with a character.
    Difficult to explain if you haven't seen him performing over a period.
    I watched him come up from 125, through 250 and into the top class.
    An entertaining nutter with talent very rarely seen. Probably the best bike rider ever.
    Not just my imagination I don't think as spectators in many different countries come to races all over the world to see Rossi perform.
    He seems to have something I can't quite describe in words.
    There are other very talented riders, some now may even be better than him, but not that bonkers character
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Definitely not Schumacher then. Perhaps Hunt is a good comparison. Mansell too.
    Senna probably the greatest of them all, but my goodness was he single-minded.

But here is not the place. Shall we continue in the F1 thread?

I'm Mike.

Definitely not Schumacher then. Perhaps Hunt is a good comparison. Mansell too.
    Senna probably the greatest of them all, but my goodness was he single-minded.

But here is not the place. Shall we continue in the F1 thread?
    Before we go there.....
    The MotoGP season continues in 2 weeks at a new track, Austin TX
    To see the very best track, IMO it has to be Philip lsland in Aus. around September/October -too tricky for F1

Think Rossi is still something special and hopefully will show it in the forthcoming rounds

A F1 thread eh ?
    Will I have to become less exciting ?

Mike

MartinT Guest

The F1 thread is here.

I'm Mike.

The F1 thread is here.
    Do I have to be quiet in case I wake anyone up ?

Mike

MartinT Guest

I'm sorted.

Mad Max on VHS 'The Bronze, they keep you from being proud...'

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

The Band - The Last Waltz

Watching the 2002 re-release collectors edition.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread