+ Reply to Thread
Page 1260 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 26076011601210125012581259126012611262127013101360 ... LastLast
Results 12,591 to 12,600 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Sullivan's Travels, 1941..

John L. Sullivan: There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan.
    Cinematographer John Seitz admired Preston Sturges' unconventional approach to his work. The opening scene comprised ten pages of dialogue to cover about four and a half minutes of screen time. It was scheduled for two complete days of shooting. On the morning of the first day, Seitz found Sturges inspecting the set with a viewfinder, looking for where he could cut the scene and change camera set-ups. Seitz dared him to do it all in one take. Never one to refuse a dare, Sturges took him up on it, although the nervous Seitz had never attempted to complete a two-day work schedule in one day. With the endorsement of McCrea and the rest of the actors, Sturges pressed on, determined to set a record. The first take was fine, but the camera wobbled a little in the tracking shot following the men from screening room to office, so they tried again. They did two or three takes at the most and that was it - two full days work by 11 a.m. on the first day, a feat that had the entire studio buzzing.

Preston Sturges had originally intended to use a clip from a Charles Chaplin film for the church sequence, but Chaplin wouldn't give permission. In an earlier scene, Joel McCrea does parody the Little Tramp character. The cartoon eventually used was Walt Disney's Playful Pluto (1934).
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Bourne Identity, 2002..

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Terminator, 1984..

Original and best.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

stay with arnie and ...The Running Man, 1987...

It's hinted that Mic Fleetwood plays himself in the movie. In the film, the resistance leader's name is Mick and he is British and when Mick meets Richards to remove his explosive collar from around his neck he says to him "You're one of the cops who locked up all my friends, burned my songs."

When
    Rob Cohen purchased the rights to the Richard Bachman novel "The Running Man", he had no idea that Bachman was actually a pseudonym for Stephen King.

Many people who worked with Richard Dawson on the game show Family Feud (1976) say that in real life Dawson was more like his character Damon Killian in his handling of underlings. Although Arnold Schwarzenegger hates Richard Dawson onscreen, in real life they were lifelong friends.

Erland van Lidth ("Dynamo") was a classically trained Helden baritone opera singer, so in his introduction when Dynamo is singing an aria from "The Marriage of Figaro", it actually is van Lidth singing. This was also his final movie( he died of a heart attack at 34 i seem to remember. he was 6'6" and 350lbs), as well as that of Richard Dawson (Damon Killian).

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Taken, 2002... si-fi mini series ....

At the time of its airing, it was the highest rated program on the Sci-Fi Channel (now SyFy). The record was beaten the next year with Battlestar Galactica (2003).

In "High Hopes", the third episode, Owen Crawford examines the photo of an unidentified married couple abducted by aliens. The photo is of real-life couple Betty and Barney Hill, who became famous in the early 1970's when hypnotherapy sessions allegedly revealed that they had been abducted by aliens.
    last of the series watched... superb stuff if taken with that pinch of salts
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Spy in Black, 1939... directed by Michael Powell, with screenplay by Emeric Pressburger.

In the German submarine, the officers refer to depths in feet, and the depth gauge is calibrated in feet. On a German ship, depths would be measured in meters.

This was the first film to pair Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger who went on to become an important partnership in British film history.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Searchers, 1956...directed by John Ford and written by Frank S. Nugent.

The "dead" Indian under the rock, when the rock is removed, is clearly breathing. lol..

Beulah Archuletta (who played the indian woman 'Look') was found crying in one of the tipis by John Wayne in between shooting scenes. When Wayne asked her why she was crying, she responded that she was going to miss her son's wedding because she was filming her scenes at the time. Wayne stopped production of the film for a few days and flew her to California so that she could attend the wedding.

The eccentric character of Mose Harper, played by Hank Worden, is loosely based on an actual historical personage called Mad Mose, a legendary half-crazy Indian fighter of the American southwest with a fondness for rocking chairs.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a grim film at times with wayne's characters' massive racial hatred eventually finding some redemption. maybe a film that wouldn't get made like it is today(which is sad).

going to watch a comedic drama now with .. Throw Momma from the Train, 1987...

A great film this. very funny at times too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Memoirs of an Invisible Man, 1992... disliked by most; i like it

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread