+ Reply to Thread
Page 1259 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 25975911591209124912571258125912601261126913091359 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,590 of 14859

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

BBC Earth.. Madagascar, 2011...

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Maltese Falcon, 1941..

John Huston and company tickled themselves with a number of other on-set jokes. As Mary Astor recounted in her autobiography, the cast and crew had a system, whereby Huston would signal for a certain practical joke to be played for visitors to the set. For the benefit of visiting star-struck social club women, the "No. 5" had Humphrey Bogart going into a prepared act with Sydney Greenstreet. He'd start yelling and cursing at him, calling him a fat old fool. "Who the hell do you think you are? You upstaged me, and I'm telling you I'm not having any--," at which point Huston would jump into the act, holding back Bogart's mock rage. Very quickly, the embarrassed and disillusioned ladies would shuffle towards the nearest exit. Meanwhile, the "No. 10" had Peter Lorre coming out of Astor's dressing room at the appropriate moment, adjusting his fly and saying, "See you later, Mary."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Dead Pool, 1988.. Evan C. Kim(Eastwood's partner) did all of his own stunts, including the martial-arts fighting(Taekwondo)

In the outdoor elevator action sequence,
    Patricia Clarkson stated how she was petrified when the elevator was shot at by a blaze of deafening and frightening firepower, but was comforted greatly by Clint Eastwood, who, as Dirty Harry, covered and protected her. Clarkson has revealed that the bullets from the battery of Uzis were in fact marbles.

This movie came about when Warner Brothers greenlit and financed Clint Eastwood's pet project, the biopic of musician Charles "Yardbird" Parker, Jr. called Bird (1988). Eastwood, returning the favor to the studio, agreed to make a movie for them that would be commercial and carry box-office weight. Warner Brothers suggested another Dirty Harry movie.
    Last edited by struth; 29-10-2022 at 14:46.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

one of the older Harry's now and the 1973 Magnum Force.

David Soul's performance as Officer John Davis, one of the vigilante cops, led to his being cast as Detective Ken Hutchinson in the classic cop series Starsky and Hutch (1975).

Albert Popwell, who played the pimp, appeared in the first four "Dirty Harry" movies with Clint Eastwood. He portrayed a different character in each movie. He was the bank robber in Dirty Harry (1971), the pimp in this movie, a black militant leader in The Enforcer (1976), and as Harry's partner Horace in Sudden Impact (1983).

The motorcycles used by the "death squad" cops through most of the movie are Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police bikes. However, Triumph 500cc T100 Tiger motorcycles were used during the scenes on the aircraft carrier at the end. These were favored by the stunt riders, as they were lighter and easier to handle than the Moto Guzzis.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A man's gotta know his limitations..lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, 1942...

Voice of Terror: [off-screen] Germany broadcasting. Germany broadcasting. People of Britain, greetings from the Third Reich. This is the voice you have learned to fear. This is the Voice of Terror. Again, we bring you disaster: crushing, humiliating disaster. It is folly to stand against the mighty wrath of the Fuhrer. Do you need more testimony of his invincible might to bring you to your knees? Very well. Are you ready, Operative Number 7? This is the Voice of Terror. A secret airplane factory somewhere in England. Listen. Screams of the dying can still be heard. This is the Voice of Terror. Are you there, people of Britain, shivering in your cellars? Listen, Operative 41. The fuse is lighted. Oil to fuel your navy, to feed your tanks, there it goes up in smoke by the millions of gallons. This is the Voice of Terror. Do you still believe that there are secrets unknown to the Fuhrer? Listen. Tonight at 7:10 an important diplomat boarded a train at a little station outside Liverpool. Each split second is accounted for. The rails divide, the train hurtles through the air, the diplomat will make no report in London. This is the Voice of Terror. Englishmen, do you still await your doom in your stupid, stuffy little clubs? It will come, I promise you. Operative 23, the time is now. We strike you on the high seas as well as on the land. This is the Voice of Terror. Englishmen, the Fuhrer strikes you now as he pleases. Water pours through your greatest dams, smashing everything before it, even as our invincible armies roar toward their objectives.

reminds me of someone..lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Hound of the Baskervilles, 1939...

first of the rathbone bruce films... richard greene as top billed as he was better known at time.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

How To Murder Your Wife, 1965.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Taken, 2002... si-fi mini series ....
    I have this idea about why people do the terrible things they do. Same reason little kids push each other on the schoolyard. If you're the one doing the pushing, then you're not going to be the one who gets pushed. If you're the monster, then nothing will be waiting in the shadows to jump out at you. It's pretty simple, really. People do the terrible things they do because they're scared.

At the time of its airing, it was the highest rated program on the Sci-Fi Channel (now SyFy). The record was beaten the next year with Battlestar Galactica (2003).

In "High Hopes", the third episode, Owen Crawford examines the photo of an unidentified married couple abducted by aliens. The photo is of real-life couple Betty and Barney Hill, who became famous in the early 1970's when hypnotherapy sessions allegedly revealed that they had been abducted by aliens.
    Last edited by struth; 31-10-2022 at 13:37.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread