+ Reply to Thread
Page 1243 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 24374311431193123312411242124312441245125312931343 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Just ordered a DVD of 'Blood and Wine' 1996, with Michael Caine and Jack Nicholson. Cain is at his sleazy best, it's not well known and hard to find in R2 but I wanted to see it again having enjoyed it years ago. Looking forward to this.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just ordered a DVD of 'Blood and Wine' 1996, with Michael Caine and Jack Nicholson. Cain is at his sleazy best, it's not well known and hard to find in R2 but I wanted to see it again having enjoyed it years ago. Looking forward to this.

was a good film..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder on the Orient Express, 1974... Albert finney as Poirot... All star cast in this..

In 1929, a westbound Orient Express train was stuck in snow for five days at Çerkezköy, approximately one hundred thirty kilometers (eighty-one miles) from Istanbul, Turkey. This incident inspired the setting of the book and movie.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

'Albie' Finney's tour de force 8 page solution was filmed several times from different angles as set wasn't big enough to do it in one take. His makeup took so long to do that an ambulance picked him up, 'asleep' each morning and while sleeping they applied much of it while on route to the set.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Wild Bunch, 1969...

Robert Ryan's incessant complaints about not receiving top billing so annoyed director Sam Peckinpah that he decided to "punish" Ryan. In the opening credits, after freezing the screen on closeups of William Holden's and Ernest Borgnine's faces while listing them, Peckinpah froze the scene on several horses' rear ends as Ryan was listed.

In an interview, Ben Johnson said that the Mexican women who "frolicked" with him and Warren Oates in the huge wine vats weren't actresses but prostitutes from a nearby brothel, who were hired by Sam Peckinpah so he could tell people that Warner Bros. paid for hookers for his cast.

After filming the scene where Ernest Borgnine and William Holden sit by a campfire and their characters vow they "wouldn't have it any other way", it was hard for director Sam Peckinpah to yell, "Cut!" because he was crying.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Wild Bunch, 1969...

Robert Ryan's incessant complaints about not receiving top billing so annoyed director Sam Peckinpah that he decided to "punish" Ryan. In the opening credits, after freezing the screen on closeups of William Holden's and Ernest Borgnine's faces while listing them, Peckinpah froze the scene on several horses' rear ends as Ryan was listed.

In an interview, Ben Johnson said that the Mexican women who "frolicked" with him and Warren Oates in the huge wine vats weren't actresses but prostitutes from a nearby brothel, who were hired by Sam Peckinpah so he could tell people that Warner Bros. paid for hookers for his cast.

After filming the scene where Ernest Borgnine and William Holden sit by a campfire and their characters vow they "wouldn't have it any other way", it was hard for director Sam Peckinpah to yell, "Cut!" because he was crying.
    Excellent film Grant, with a superb cast. Warren Oates was underrated in my opinion, great actor!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

A Christmas Carol, 1984...

Scrooge's headstone prop can still be visited at Saint Chad's Churchyard in Shrewsbury, where the cemetery sequence was shot. The production team found the stone, apparently blank, and gained permission to have it inscribed. This was left in place at the end of the shoot.

This is probably the only version of 'A Christmas Carol' in which Scrooge wears dress pants with a dress shirt, vest, and smoking jacket instead of his nightshirt, slippers, and cap. Rumor has it that George C. Scott openly reeled at the very thought of portraying Scrooge under such conditions, especially in an English winter. In the book, Scrooge wears his shirt, pants, vest, dressing gown, and slippers. Scott's clothing is very close to the book.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Day Will Dawn, 1942...

Extras for the assault scenes on the Norwegian coast included both actual Norwegians who had only recently escaped to England, many wearing their actual kit, and British "Tommies," some of whom had made the same assault landings being recreated in this film.

Richardson was given leave from his duty as a lieutenant commander in the Fleet Air Arm to make this picture.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, 1974...

The only movie directed by Sam Peckinpah that he had final cut on - all the others were re-cut by the studios.

The photograph of Alfredo Garcia (that Robert Webber and Gig Young show around town, and then to Bennie) is actually a photo of Warren Oates made to look Spanish.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, 1974...

The only movie directed by Sam Peckinpah that he had final cut on - all the others were re-cut by the studios.

The photograph of Alfredo Garcia (that Robert Webber and Gig Young show around town, and then to Bennie) is actually a photo of Warren Oates made to look Spanish.
    superb film that. not watched it for a long time... its really unusual, yet typical Peckinpah
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread