+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I love a good survival horror movie with vampires or zombies - just watched Stake Land - was great and really enjoyed it, but shocked by how old Kelly McGillis looks these days! She was so hot in Top Gun and still only in her fifties now but looks 10 years older!
    Good film I enjoyed it when I watched it awhile back.

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Agreed Neil, Signs is a much misunderstood movie in my opinion but then so are many of Nights other films. I went to see Signs with a couple of friends who were expecting a Sci-Fi blockbuster. I tried to warn them that Nights films were rather more cerebral than that but they didn't listen and consequently left the cinema disappointed. For me Signs is one of his best films. Sixth Sense made me cry the first time I saw it and I regret that it will never affect me in the same way again. A truly wonderful piece of work.
    Agreed Dave.

I never grow tired watching it and its like an onion there are layers upon layers in this film.

To date yes his best and in my top ten movies.

Devil is another one of Night's films and it is very good too but lacks much of the depth of Signs which is a shame, but the last bit of Devil does make you go wow and do a lot of thinking.

Regards Neil

I'm David.

Just seen the "Croods" in 3d. 7/10 3d not very effective.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    3d not very effective.
    Is it ever? In my view, 3D is a euphemism for crap film most of the time.

synsei Guest

The Challenger

For me this film underlines why mankind has such a very long way to go before it can claim to be civilised. Despite the eventual outcome of these events, seven people died because Morton Thiokol and NASA needed to alleviate their crumbling reputations. A tragic example of how poor judgement and seemingly insignificant lies can have such grievous consequences, plus the lengths to which the establishment will go to in their attempts to cover it up. Heartbreaking...
    Last edited by synsei; 19-03-2013 at 04:08.

MartinT Guest

Challenger was a great watch. Richard Feynman has always been my hero (I have all his biographies) and I thought that William Hurt captured him pretty well, especially his manner of speaking and the small reference to his bongo playing.

Here he is in his famous reference to why scientists appreciate a flower differently from an artist:

For all of NASA's faults, we need them. Where else is the continuation of our sense of adventure and exploration? Certainly not in this country, with our cancellation of the Black Arrow programme and our scant interest in the ESA. Hell, we even tried to shut down Jodrell Bank not so long ago. You can't trust politicians to have any vision other than creating their own legacy.

I'm Neil.

Watched Troll Hunter today and great fun it was too.

This movie purports to be a true story as some college students making a documentary about bear killing get caught up with a gentleman who works for the TSS a Norwegian Troll management Government body.

Its filmed and presented as a being real film footage (aka Cloverfield) but it is well made with pretty good Trolls rendered via CGI. At times its quite funny but in a dark way.

Great fun 7.5 out of 10 imho

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Abigail's Party
    Noticed this was on late earlier in the week so taped it. I've seen this a couple of times before but not in the last twenty years. It's still genius. Lawrence on the 'phone asking for the keys to '16 Clitingham Avenue' was a gag that has escaped me previously, as was the undercurrent of wife-swapping, although I'm baffled as to how I never spotted that before. And that orange leather furniture is super cool - I want it!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Abigail's Party
    Noticed this was on late earlier in the week so taped it. I've seen this a couple of times before but not in the last twenty years. It's still genius. Lawrence on the 'phone asking for the keys to '16 Clitingham Avenue' was a gag that has escaped me previously, as was the undercurrent of wife-swapping, although I'm baffled as to how I never spotted that before. And that orange leather furniture is super cool - I want it!
    What about the awful patterned wallpaper ?!!
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Nowt wrang with that Wallpaper & sofa

What about Janine Duvitski (Angela) cool Nana Mouskouri look

+ Reply to Thread